✎ CHAPTER 6: Fresh Meat

Duke reached for the cuffs on Kevin's wrists with a key

"I knew you were different. You're a fighter."

He unlocked one of the cuffs, releasing Kevin from the hanging hook.

Kevin's feet finally fully touched the ground, but they were weak. He struggled to maintain the weight of his body, but he fell on his knees. The first thing he did once his hands were free was wipe his bloody mouth after that disgusting kiss with a shaky hand. Blood covered his knuckles.

Duke excitedly stated, "I never had a fighter before." Suddenly, his tone changed to an aggressive one. "Get up."

Kevin's eyes glowed when he saw the tossed knife just a few feet away from him. He tried reaching it fast, but he was too slow. The pain of his abdominal wound and his shaky, suddenly-freed hands deceived him.

 The pain of his abdominal wound and his shaky, suddenly-freed hands deceived him

Duke saw what Kevin was planning to do. So, he grabbed his hair and pulled him up, making him wine in pain.

"Nuh-uh-uh," said Duke, right before he knocked Kevin's head on the table.

Kevin passed out for a short time, enough for Duke to place him on the surgical bed and tie his hands and feet, laying sideways.

Kevin gradually regained his consciousness, groaning from the knockout. A slight reddish bruise began to form on his temple. He sensed that his boxers were being lowered.

"Hey, stop it!"

Kevin tried to turn his head at Duke, but the latter pushed it back to its place on the bed.

"Don't move or you'll become paralyzed for life."

"Why?" Fear crept back into Kevin, causing a tremble in his voice. "What are you doing?"

Duke pointed a long, hollow syringe in front of Kevin's face.

"You see this?"

Kevin's eyes widened. "Yes."

"It's gonna go between your spine's lumbar disks and into your spinal cord. This part of your spinal cord is responsible for the nerves in your legs, knees, and feet. If you moved your back during the procedure, you'll lose sensation and movement in those parts. Understood?"