CHAPTER 21: This Is Madness

Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!

❤❤❤

Something's wrong with this chapter. It doesn't allow me to add a dedication. So, here it goes:

This chapter is dedicated to: 1me2me3me

Kevin watched the monitor until he saw Duke emerging out of the wardrobe and sliding the back panel back

Kevin watched the monitor until he saw Duke emerging out of the wardrobe and sliding the back panel back. I knew it, he thought, There is a hidden door there.

He quickly opened the drawer next to the bed and took a couple of A4-size papers and what seemed like a piece of a wet bagel. He held the bagel and used it to write something in the papers. However, no stains appeared. When he was done writing, he put the papers under his pillow and the bagel back in the drawer.

While waiting, Kevin grimaced when a moderate pain in his stomach started. He put his hand on it. The pain was clearly getting less intense, but it got him thinking about his health condition.

Why am I so tired lately? I don't think it's solely the effects of the drugs. What if something else's wrong with me. I never suffered such a weak stomach before that made me barf so easily.

"Ugh. I hope it's not an infection," He mumbled to himself while pulling his T-shirt up, "That would be an awesome addition to my list of bad luck."

Then he slowly partially removed the large bandage covering almost half of his stomach and his right side. A 12-inch long diagonal incision from his right side all across to the lower abdomen was revealed. There was also the stab wound right beneath it to the right.

 There was also the stab wound right beneath it to the right

The stitches, however, seemed to be healing nicely. They were a bit tight, reddish, and swollen, but that was normal at day 6 post- surgery.

Without notice, Kevin was startled when he heard the door unlocking. He didn't hear or see Duke on the monitor. Who could it be? He froze and just stared at the door as his heart beats elevated. Conflict feelings of hope and fear resided in him. The door opened and it was Duke who came in, smelling like cigarette smoke. Kevin's shoulders tensed down disappointedly. It's just him, he thought.