CHAPTER 25: Too Far Gone

RANDOM QUESTION 4:

Now that you read this far, what do you like about Kevin? >:3

Duke's POV:

I quickly stepped back, but Kevin has already thrown the Molotov cocktail in my direction. My heart almost stopped at the thought of being burned alive.

I ducked and covered my head because it was the only thing I could think of to protect myself at that moment. I heard glass shatter at the wall next to me right above my head. Flashes of light landed and pieces of glass landed on the floor, the stairway, and on me. Then I remember feeling extremely hot.

The fire burned my back while I stood up grunting in pain. My eyes were wide open in agony and fear as I moved away from the burning ground while trying helplessly to remove my burning shirt off me as fast as I can. I ripped it apart and tossed it away. I started tapping my jeans to put out the small areas that caught fire.

Thank God. The flammable liquid only touched little places on my clothes and didn't pour directly on my skin. Otherwise, my body would be burning in flames until this minute and many after.

I didn't have time to evaluate the damage I received, but I can tell that a large area of my back is probably a BBQed, well done, meat by now. I roared as loud as I can, raging and wanting to kill somebody. Probably myself for underestimating my lil opponent.

That kid almost killed me a couple of times now! How in the world did he do it? Did he plan all of this? I think he did, but when? How did he know that I would fall for every trick he made? Are there any other surprises waiting for me?

The more I think about it, the angrier I get. That Molotov attack was the last straw. There is no turning back now. I'm going to make his last moments a living hell. I am going to show him the real me. He's gonna beg me to kill him then.

I tilted my head up and stared with a mad look in my eyes at Kevin, who has reached the top of the stairs and was staring back at me, visibly trembling and heavily breathing

I tilted my head up and stared with a mad look in my eyes at Kevin, who has reached the top of the stairs and was staring back at me, visibly trembling and heavily breathing. Then he quickly turned to the door, trying difficultly to sustain the shakiness of his hands to unlock the door.