CHAPTER 40: Welcome To My World

Kevin slowly woke up face down in a pitch black, quaking, freezing compartment with a sound of an engine running

Kevin slowly woke up face down in a pitch black, quaking, freezing compartment with a sound of an engine running. That wasn't the only sound he heard.

He panicked when his ear picked up a familiar song faintly playing:

🎶 Gonna use you and abuse you
I'm gonna know what's inside you 🎶

He breathed out with difficulty, "Oh, God." It's him.

Another panic attack was about to happen. This time, his nasal oxygen cannula was missing. He couldn't feel it on his face and he also couldn't check because his hands were cuffed behind his back.

Whatever vehicle he was transported in had taken a rough, right turn, leading Kevin to roll over and bump into another person; a still person.

His skin crawled at the thought of having a dead body next to him. The body didn't scare him as much as remembering that Duke got him back. He shivered when he felt clothes on him, different than the revealing hospital gown, which meant that someone dressed him; someone like Duke.

"Help!" He kicked the roof a few times. "Get me out of here!"

The car stopped, and so did the song. Kevin stopped kicking and braced himself for the worst.

The trunk of the car popped open and Kevin was temporarily blinded by the light until his vision adjusted to it and spotted Duke with a snarl on his lips. Anger and vengeance conveyed in his eyes causing Kevin to flinch back away from him.

"Get up," Duke demanded as he harshly pulled Kevin out of the car by the collar of his gray coverall outfit.

Kevin gasped for some fresh air. Small, white puffs of warm breaths came out of his mouth whenever he exhaled in this cold weather. He took a quick look at the place. It looked like a closed, industrial garage with a few cars parked. He struggled to stand on his bare feet, but his legs were wobbly.

One observation confused Kevin; all the bandages on his body were removed even though his injuries didn't completely heal. Why would Duke go the extra trouble of removing his bandages? He sensed something beyond his imagination was about to happen to him. A fate worse than any type of torture he ever witnessed.

"I said get up!" Duke growled, pulling him back up.

"I'm trying," Kevin whimpered. "But my legs hurt so much."

Duke yelled at his face, "Do ya think I freakin' care?"

Kevin shut his eyes closed and sucked in a breath. He was all alone with the only person he never wanted to be alone with; the insane man who talked to voices in his head, the cruel man who killed with passion and glee, the horny man who molested him and tried to rape him.

A car drove by. Kevin opened his eyes. A glimpse of hope resided in them when the car parked and he saw 3 people getting out; 2 were chatting while the other one stayed silent and his head bowed.