CHAPTER 17: Sorry For Your Loss

In the meantime, at Josh's room, someone was knocking on his door

"Guys open up. It's Zoey and Jessica," a girl shouted.

Josh was still in bed. He opened his eyes trying to adjust his eyesight to the little beam of light in the room. Then he gazed at his phone, it was 7:35 in the morning.

"Josh. Kevin. Open up, now. We know you've been avoiding us."

Josh got up and shouted back, "Just a minute!"

He scanned the room trying to find his shirt. The room was too messy. The door kept knocking even more viciously than before. He sighed in frustration then went to open the door.

He opened the door for two girls wearing white lab coats. One was crossing her arms looking furious. She was a redhead. She had shoulder-length wavy hair, fair skin, and hazel eyes. The other girl was shorter than both of them. She had narrow round brown eyes, yellow-tan skin, and silky long brown hair.

The girls gasped when they saw Josh's face. His skin was colorless. He looked like he didn't eat, drink, or sleep in days. Then there were those bruises on his face.

Josh looked at the angry girl. With eyes filled with grief, he faintly said, "Hey, Zoey."

She dropped her arms down feeling shocked by Josh's appearance

She dropped her arms down feeling shocked by Josh's appearance. Then she said, "Oh, baby." She grabbed his face and asked, "What happened to you? Who did this to you?"

Josh silently stared at Zoey then his tears fell down on her hands.

She began to feel terrible and worried. She asked, "What's wrong?"

Just then, while Josh and Zoey were standing by the door, Jessica invited herself into the room carrying her black leather handbag. She saw all the mess and cans of beer everywhere. Josh's bed was dirty from eating takeouts on it. Then she saw that Kevin's bed was clean and tidy. It was the only thing organized in the whole room.

That's when she freaked out and said, "Where's Kevin?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬