CHAPTER 10: Day Five

Kevin's POV:

Kevin's POV:

Day 4:

Today, depression almost took over me completely. I was getting a bit healthier, but that only terrified me more. It meant that another torture session was coming. He kept the cuffs on me now all the time, except for the bathroom breaks. He saw that I was regaining a little of my health and didn't wanna risk me trying to escape.

He came in with breakfast, smiling and saying, "Gooood morning."

Uh-oh. He's being cheery again. That can't be good!

He placed the tray on the nightstand, as usual. Then he sat at his desk. I felt that he was staring at me when I reached for the breakfast tray. I turned my gaze to him and I was right. He was being creepy again.

I raised my voice at him, "What are you looking at?"

"Ah, it's just that you're looking better. That's good," he said.

That did not help! I'm getting really worried about this. I released a nervous breath then told him, "You mean good to you."

He gloomed too. Which was strange. I thought that bastard was looking forward to play sick games with his captive again.

Things are not going well for me. Every day that passed reminded me of my upcoming fate. Every day I would think it's my last day. I can't just sit here waiting to get healthy so I can fight back. I gotta do something. Anything.

I took the chance that he was talking again to talk to him. See if I can gain something from our chats.

After breakfast, I asked while he was using his laptop, "So, what are you doing now?"

"kid. I'm not up for a chat right now," he said without even looking at me.

He always wants me to shut up. He's trying so hard not to start a conversation with me too. I think he's afraid of forming a bond with his victims. If he gets too close to a person then he can't just kill him, right? At least that what I think. I hope I'm right. I guess I have to keep talking to him.

I spoke, "But you never stopped talking the first day. You were talking a lot. Like a lot a lot. You even explained a medical procedure to me. Why bother when I'd be dead soon? You stopped talking all of the sudden. What changed?"

 What changed?"