CHAPTER 34: Karma Is A Bitch

SURPRIZZZZEEE! AN UPDATE!

YOU KNOW WHY?

I. SAID. DO. YOU. KNOW. WHHYYY??

THAT'S RIGHT! "GOT GUTS?" CROSSED 100,000 READS COUNT TODAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2018. YAAAAAY :D

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOU GUYS. I LOVE YOU ALL ❤️

WHY AM I STILL TYPING IN CAPS?? NEVER MIND, ENJOY THE NEW CHAPTER

Mike crossed his arms, looking away, and his face reddened. He saw his wife pouting with her hand on her chest. The glare that was shot from her son's eyes stopped her heart. The words that fell from Kevin's mouth left her speechless. It was guilt that suddenly woke her true instinct; the mother instinct.

Oh, Kevin. You're a good boy. You have always been a good boy. I just failed to see that.

She remembered the last time she actually hung out with her son without Mike's interference. They had a pleasant time. It was when Kevin turned 16 and wanted to complete his 50 hours of driving with a parent as soon as possible to get his driver's license before college. He was a good driver. He offered to drive her and Chloe everywhere. He would even go girl-shopping with them with a smile and a great sense of humor. He was a good son, a better brother too.

Mike released a low sigh of contempt before he eyed Kevin with a scowl and quietly said, "I'm glad you're fine now."

Kevin recognized the fakeness of Mike's attempt to sound thoughtful. Despite his urgent need to put the oxygen mask on him all the time, Kevin resisted so he would seize this chance to blurt out every word he was suppressing all these years. His eyes blinked slowly as a sign of exhaustion, but he was determined to face Mike this time.

Kevin spoke, but his voice was breathy as a result of his rapid, unstable breathing, "Are you blind? I'm far from fine, you dickhead."

Mike dropped his arms and raised his voice, "Well, excuse me for trying to-"

"Cut the crap!" Kevin interrupted him.

Mike took a step forward, fuming. His wife stood between the two, slightly pushing Mike away and hissing, "Stop it." She shifted her attention to Kevin and added, "You too, Kevin."

Kevin laughed softly at her, "Mom, you know this whole kidnapping shit wouldn't have happened if you didn't let stepdouche over there convince you of suspending my license." He jerked his head at Mike.

"Enough with the name-calling," his mother furrowed her brows and scolded when she saw that her husband was about to lose his temper again.

Kevin continued, "I've been using the bus for transport for only 2 days. Then I got taken. You think that was a coincidence?" He paused to scoff, "No."