CHAPTER 15: Heart Attack

Back in the basement, a song started playing, which woke Kevin up:

🎶 Sanctus Espiritus, redeem us from our solemn hour 🎶

He carefully sat up on the bed and saw the wall clock pointing to 12:45. He was confused as to why there was music playing in the basement at this time of night.

🎶 Sanctus Espiritus, insanity is all around us 🎶

Then he remembered what happened the last time Duke played music. It was when he first brought him into the basement. Kevin was frightened and he flinched just when the song reached the loud opening chorus.

🎶 Sanctus Espiritus, Sanctus Espiritus, Sanctus Espiritus 🎶

His eyes widened when he heard a loud scream of pain. So, he ducked his head under a pillow and held it tight.

Just then, Duke walked in grinning. He said, "Kevin. Get up. You've got to see this."

"No. No. No. I don't wanna see," said the petrified kid.

Duke approached him and uncuffed his hand.

Kevin closed his eyes and begged, "No. Please don't make me see it."

🎶 In my darkest hours 🎶

🎶 I could not foresee 🎶

Duke dragged him out of the bed by his arm demanding with an aggressive tone, "Come oooon," until they reached out the door. He left Kevin there and walked away. Kevin adjusted his sitting position to a side sit. And there he saw it. The most horrific scene he has yet to witness. A 20-something-year-old man hung by hooks through his shoulders and chained up to the ceiling with his hands. You can see the white color of his flesh sticking out of his wounds mixed with blood. The skin around the hooks appeared as if it will tear. His white shirt was bloody and ripped revealing his torso.

 His white shirt was bloody and ripped revealing his torso