CHAPTER 31: Sacrifice

No! O.O

What's that suppose to mean??

Ellen wouldn't dare! Would she?

But if she dared, let's vote. Who do you think it's gonna be?

 Who do you think it's gonna be?

Josh's POV:

Hearing Kev's voice again almost had me running to save him from that sick guy, especially since it seemed like the guy was about to do some unspeakable things to him, but I collected all the power in me to hold back from charging in. I didn't wanna rush things like I always did and maybe even condemn this rescue mission to failure. I shouldn't let emotions get to me at this time. I needed to stay quiet, just as Kevin instructed in the letter. He didn't explain much because he ran out of space in the paper, but I trusted him blindly.

This is it. I sighed nervously when I realized that I found him. I can't believe I'm only a few steps away from Kevin. I can't believe that he's still breathing.

I cautiously walked down the stairs, wielding the gun in front of me

I cautiously walked down the stairs, wielding the gun in front of me. I was nervous to the point that I might shoot anything moving. The first thing I noticed when I stepped into this hellhole was the strong smell. This place was reeking of expired blood and burnt meat. Then I saw the big puddle of blood in the middle of the place with hooks dangling from the ceiling above it.

How many poor souls were tortured here?

Kevin and that guy kept talking, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. They weren't shouting at each other anymore. I hoped this was a good sign.

As I moved closer to the room right down the stairs, I heard Kevin raising his voice, "Whatever!" Then he said something, quietly. I moved even closer, then I heard him saying, "Help me... I literally feel like dying already."

That made me extra worried. I sped up my pace a bit and reached the bottom of the stairs. That's when I heard glass breaking under my shoe.

I winced and whispered, "Shit."