CHAPTER 16: When Life Gives You Lemons

Later that night, Kevin was in the small room sitting on the bed with his legs crossed

Later that night, Kevin was in the small room sitting on the bed with his legs crossed. His left wrist was restrained to the headboard of the bed, again. The cuffs weren't too long and weren't too short. His other arm was wrapped around his stomach. He kept his head down.

His face was all clean now, but his conscience wasn't. His eyes were puffy and a bit wet even though 2 hours have passed since that kill. His lips were all swollen and red. He felt pain in his throat from fighting back a cry. He appeared exhausted, but couldn't sleep.

How can he sleep after what he saw? A man being gutted alive right in front of him. That scene would haunt him for the rest of his life.

Kevin removed his hand from his stomach to cover his right eye. A sad frown was beginning to form on his face. His lips began to quiver. He released a bitter sigh when he remembered the man's last scream. The chains clanked when he used his other hand to fully cover his eyes. Finally, the overwhelming feeling of helplessness and despair forced his tears to stream down his face once more.

"It's my fault. That guy died horribly because of me."

Negative emotions and thoughts filled his head, He killed that man just to make a point to me. So, I wouldn't trick him again. Just because I stole his phone and took a shower without actually showering. Just because of that! It's my fault. I should have never tested him.

Eventually, he stopped crying and wiped his tears off. Then he held his stomach while wincing and hissing in pain. He sadly glanced at the nightstand to the left. There he spotted the pill bottle, along with a bottle of water and the food bag from earlier. He stretched out his hand to take the pill bottle but stopped and remembered what Duke said, 'This is something extra for the thrill'.

It angered Kevin the fact that he made that kill thrilling for Duke. So, instead of taking the pill bottle, he flipped it over. The bottle rolled over to the door.

It appeared that there were only three pills in the pill bottle

It appeared that there were only three pills in the pill bottle. Duke told him to take one every 8 hours to reduce the pain.

Kevin clasped his hands over the back of his head and whispered to himself, "Keep it together. Keep it together." Over and over that night, while rocking back and forth.