CHAPTER 30: Secret Message

25 minutes ago - 7:45 PM:

Josh's POV:

It's been 6 days since I've last seen Kevin or heard from him. I was hopeful all these days that I would find him, with Gale's help. That was until that heartless, robotic bitch crushed all my remaining hopes to find him when she called last night. My knees couldn't take the shocking news.

I cried that night until I decided to get drunk on beer. I woke up today, Wednesday, with a semi-hangover, to the sound of Zoey and Jessica knocking on the door. After telling them about Kevin's kidnapping and potential death, the word spread fast. My cellphone went nuts with calls from my classmates. I didn't answer any. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anybody.

I spent the day drinking in our dorm room. It helped me stop thinking for a while and get some naps. After all, I didn't get enough sleep the past few days and there was nothing left for me to stay sober about. The midnight plan was a failure and Kevin was gone. His body would never be found. Bodies of similar kidnapping cases were never found. That was how this human trafficking organization worked.

Gale only told me this much about it. I had a feeling lately that she has more information about the org that would bring closure to Kevin's family, but she was a bitch. Period. She only cared about finding the serial killer, not his victims.

I didn't leave my room since last night. My body felt numb. I found it difficult to leave my bed. I knew I should probably drink water instead of beer because I could feel my head throbbing. I knew I should even take a shower, but I didn't feel like doing anything.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I shouted, too numb to move.

"Pizza."

I sighed as I stood up and slowly walked to open the door. My hair was a mess. I didn't change my clothes since last night. I was wearing the same black outfit and black hoodie.

I opened the door with weary eyes and said, "I didn't order a pizza, pal

I opened the door with weary eyes and said, "I didn't order a pizza, pal."

"It's already been paid for, sir," the delivery guy said, holding a medium size pizza box.