Prologue

Editor: MidnightFlowerBandit 
              mattersnot999

****

Yun LiFan furrowed her eyebrows and tried to chase away the pain from her head.

~Fuck, did I fell off the bed and banged my head on the floor?~

However, she knew she didn't have any bad sleeping habits, so that one was out- then why?

So, LiFan tried to open her eyes. To her surprise, what greeted her was not her usual room but an empty white space instead.

~What the f***! Where is this!? Did her enemies kidnap her?!~

It was not her fault to think like that , after all the world she came from had advanced technologies, not to mention that she was also an important figure who had a lot of people who respected her- as well as people who hated her.

However, that idea was instantly ruled out when a childish voice rang out in her head.

Voice: [No, you didn't get kidnapped, but, rather, got bounded to me. ^_^]

LiFan: "...!" Stumped, she paused, then growled: "Who the hell are you?!"

Voice: [I'm code number 09, and you have been invited to take part in the project called 'Cannon Fodder Will Rise! system']

LiFan sneered, then mocked the system: "Hah! Invite my ass! Don't you mean to say drag instead?"

The system accepted it coolly: [Well... If host likes me to say it in crude form then that's right, you got dragged here.] If the system had a face, LiFan might've - no, would've already punched it into a pulp!

System: [Now, let's get to the main poin-]

"Send me back." LiFan grumpily cut in.

System: [No can do. Once your soul has been bounded to the system unless you die or complete the missions, there is no way out.]

LiFan retorted back: "Does your boss know how to conduct proper business? If it concerns life and death, we at least need to sign a contract first, right? Are you guys outlaws?"

System choked at LiFan's rebuttal. This was the first time it has met such a stubborn host. Aigh... no wonder the higher-ups assigned this task to him. If it was not an expert in this field, maybe it'd too lose miserably to this brute host.

Yet, the system didn't foresee that it will soon experience exactly that.

LiFan smirked at the system's silence, but soon the system's voice rang out again.

System:[Fine! We're outlaws, so we don't play by human rules, happy?!]

LiFan frowned. ~So no matter what I say, it wouldn't change, huh... Gotta change tactics then. Judging from its speech, whether she liked it or not she would have to agree nonetheless.~

LiFan pretended to reluctantly reply: "Hmm... If you want me to go along, it's not like there's no way. What benefits will you give me?"

When the system heard this, it relaxed a little, actually, it could just force her and she'd have to do the way she was told whether she wanted to or not, but the outcome was what's important. If LiFan failed, so would the system. So, rather than forcing her, the system chose to rack its brain to convince her instead, thus when it heard this, it rejoiced.

System: [Of course, of course! Even if we're outlaws; non-humans; gangsters, we would never take advantage of you, haha!] The system berating itself lamented in its mind. ~T^T I'm sorry boss and my fellow colleagues! I have no choice but to do this... Please forgive me! Amen.~