Arc2.9

Editor:MidnightFlowerBandit

****

After enjoying their weekends, the employees finally went back to do their work in an energetic mood— well, except for a certain someone.

That certain someone is now sitting in his office motionlessly as if he is a monk in deep thoughts. JiWan the number one playboy who has never gotten a rejection before still had the impact from the blow he got last week.

Why didn't he at least ask me why I said that?

Honestly speaking, am I not popular for gays?

Wait! Why do I have to care about him? Right, who cares! I don't even swing that way to begin with, humph!

Regardless of whether his so called reasonings have any effects on him or not, JiWan finally reverted back to his usual self; but soon, the result has shown that it was useless when he heard a knock at the door, which was followed by a pleasing voice of the person that he was just thinking of.

He speedily fixed his hair and clothes When he was ready he indifferently said, "Come in". After getting his permission, a beautiful man soon came into his sight and the 'uncaring' JiWan suddenly became rigid.

Oblivious to JiWan's unusual behaviours, LiFan put down his reports on JiWan's desk. He spoke in his usual tone, "Here are the reports on X's supermarket that you gave me to do last week. Please take a look at them."

JiWan grabbed the reports and calmly flipped through them, whereas his palms are full of sweat. He seems like he is focusing on the reports, when in fact— nothing has entered his vision at all! Almost every two seconds, he would take a peek at the person in front of him. When he saw that he behaved just like usual, JiWan felt like something had stabbed at his heart.

So is that really it? He really wanted to brush him off...

Nevertheless, JiWan still tried to maintain his composure as he tried to calmly say, "En, there are no problem with the reports."

LiFan nodded slightly, "Then I will get back to work." When he was about to turn back he was suddenly halted by JiWan's voice, in which he turned around with an expression that was saying 'What now?'.

JiWan's eyes twitched. Does he hate him this much?! Fine, he take back his words! He does care about him!

He took a deep breath to calm his agitate mood then said, "I have an announcement. Do you know about the company's new project?" When he saw LiFan nod he continued, "The higher-ups gave us a chance to prepare the materials for the meeting."

LiFan seems surprised as he asked, "How come they gave this chance to our team?"

JiWan calmly replied, "Not just us, there's also the others, just that they wanted different ideas that's all. So you can tell the others to try their best and that the deadline is on Monday next week. Okay, you can go now..."

After JiWan finished his talk, he shifted his gaze back to the reports, looking like he isn't concerned about the other person.

As for LiFan, he didn't want to linger around here any longer so he immediately exited the room.

Once LiFan was out, JiWan dropped the reports and leaned back on his chair.

However, he didn't get to relax due to a series of knocking from the outside. JiWan quickly straighten his back, in hope that LiFan was back.

"Chief, I've just made coffee for you, may I go in there?" Yet, to his disappointment, it was a woman's soft voice instead.

Lu ZiXi used her sweetest voice to talk as it had always worked on those men.