2 • madeline

I fell backwards onto my bed, letting out a loud sigh.

"Uh oh," Celia teased, "She's in love."

"Did you see him?" I gushed.

Trisha laughed, "Well, Maddie, neither of us are in your world history class, so no."

"He's gorgeous." I sighed.

"How old is he?" Celia raised an eyebrow. "I always knew you weren't that into boys our age, but damn."

I laughed, and threw a pillow at her. "I don't know."

"Well that's a good sign." She joked.

"Tell us all about him." Trisha smiled.

"His name is Mr. Hemmings and-"

Celia made a loud gagging noise, "Ugh! You have a giant crush on him but you still call him Mr. Hemmings?"

I giggled, "Well, I don't know his first name. And it'd be kind of odd to just walk into class tomorrow and assume we're on a first name basis."

She shrugged, "That's fair."

"Anyway," I said dramatically, "He's Australian."

"Ooh!" Trisha smirked.

"He has an adorable accent," I grinned, "and he's super tall. He has blonde hair and blue eyes, and he smells like oak and honey."

"Specific." Celia nodded.

"What will Travis think?" Trisha taunted.

Travis was my ex, and for the record, was the worst person on the planet. He was abusive, possessive, selfish, arrogant, and completely ruined my perspective on high school boys.

I gave her a look, "Why would I care what my ex thinks about a crush? And why would Trav find out anyway? He's a teacher, it's not like I can corner and seduce him."

Celia laughed loudly, "And why not?"

"Again! A teacher!" I laughed.

"A student teacher. He doesn't exactly work for the school yet. Does he?" Trisha asked.

I shrugged, "I have no idea how any of this works, I'm just pretty sure he's my soulmate."

They giggled at me.

"You're a mess." Celia chuckled.

"Am I?" I smirked.

"Definitely!" Trisha agreed. "Although, now I feel like I have to see this man."

The next day I woke up early to fix myself up a little more. I curled my hair, focused a little longer on my makeup, and even applied my favorite lipgloss.

I sprayed on a nice perfume and made sure my uniform was nice and neat.

It was almost laughable that I was trying so hard to impress a teacher, yet I continued my silly antics anyway.

Celia and Trisha noticed, and absolutely were not letting me get away with it.

"Oh, wow!" Celia smirked out of her car window as they pulled in the driveway. "You look hot. I can only wonder what for."

"Maybe she's trying to impress someone." Trish winked, "But who's to say?"

"Certainly not us." Celia continued to poke fun.

I rolled my eyes, climbing in the backseat. "Yeah, yeah. Enjoying yourselves? Actually, don't answer that."

We all laughed.