44 • madeline/luke

(((( YALL I GET SO SHOOK WHEN I SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE LIKE MY CHEESY ASS STORY OMF ILY

this is gonna be the first chapter I write where it's half Madeline's pov and half Luke's so yah THERES THAT )))))

"I can't get another red dress," I protested to Celia who brought me two held up in each hand, "I just wore one for the formal!"

Celia pouted, "But it looks so flattering on you!"

I laughed, "Well, thank you."

"Red does look like your color." The tall blonde dress consultant winked. "And that's not just because I want to sell you a dress."

We all laughed.

"Can I help with anything?" She asked.

"Well, it's almost Madeline's birthday." Celia explained. "So we're taking her out to a nice dinner and we have to find the perfect dresses for that."

"Well, of course you do." The consultant agreed. "Let me see what I can find."
She spun on her heels and walked off into another room.

"She's nice." Trisha smiled. "What about yellow on Madeline?"

"Yellow would be stunning!" Celia agreed. "I'll go find the consultant!"
She chased after her.

"Nothing too extravagant, please!" I begged.

"Oh, it's your birthday!" Trish argued. "Be extra!"

I laughed at her.

"So," Trisha quieted down a bit, "are you excited to turn 18?"

I shrugged, "Well, yeah."

She smirked, "Is Luke excited?"

"Trish, my god!"

She cackled, "Come on! Give me the juicy details for once! I know you two are ready to get it on by now!"

"Trisha!" I screeched.
My face was now as red as the dresses Celia picked out.

"Mads!" She shot back. "But honestly, when you turn 18, what does that mean for your relationship?"

I stopped shuffling through the dresses, and shrugged again.
"I don't really know, Trish. He isn't giving me a lot of information."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know. I don't want to say that he's keeping me in the dark or anything. I don't think that. I know he can only give me so much. It's just-"

"He can only give you so much, but you want so much more."
She finished my thought for me.

"Exactly," I nodded, "I mean, I just want to experience all aspects of a relationship with him. I know that's hard, considering our whole situation and all. I'm trying to be patient. I mean, I get all of the cute stuff. I get the kisses, the hand holding, the giggles, the sweet texts, the sleepovers. But I want more. I want to be able to call him my boyfriend. I want to be able to go out in public with him and not worry about it. I want to introduce him to my mother."

"But he's worth the wait, isn't he?" She asked.

"Well, of course he is. That's why I'm waiting."

"And you're certain about his feelings for you?"

I smiled, sheepishly. "He told me he loves me."

Trisha grinned from ear to ear.
"Madeline!" She beamed, "That's so exciting! Did you say it back?"