23 • madeline

Waking up in Luke's arms was like a dream come true. Every single morning that I got to wake up with him only made my infatuation grow. I imagined what it may be like to wake up beside him every morning, for the rest of my life.

But my alarm was going off, so that thought would have to wait.

Luke grumbled, turning off the annoying tone for me. He pushed his face into my neck.

"Let's skip." He said hoarsely.

I laughed. "A teacher encouraging me to skip? That's a new one."

He laughed, and passed me my phone, hesitantly getting out of bed. I checked it, seeing I had a couple missed texts from the group chat.

CeCe: carpool today??

Trish: I'll drive

CeCe: does that include coffee?

CeCe: pls tell me it includes coffee

Trish: duh

I laughed a little

Mads: you'll have to count me out today

CeCe: why????? :(

Mads: Luke is driving me to school

CeCe: ASDFGHJKLAHVSW WHAT

Trish: OK BITCH WE SEE U

Mads: STOP

I put my phone down with a blush on my face as Luke stretched and pulled out my school uniform for me. He tossed it at me, piece by piece, with a smirk on his face.

"Come on, little one." He teased. "Let's get you to school."

I rolled my eyes with a laugh. I pulled off my shirt and was left only in my bralette and shorts, and Luke's face reddened.
He covered his eyes.
"I can't look! I can't look!"
He peeked through his fingers, "Nope, can't look! Gotta stay strong. But God- I wanna look."

I giggled. "You're a dork."
I got up from my bed and pulled his hands off his eyes, and placed them around me instead. He hugged my close to him and I kissed his cheek, then his lips.

I pulled away, and he let out a long breath. "Fuck. Come on, Nellie, I gotta excuse myself."

I laughed louder as he took my dog and rushed out of my bedroom. I buttoned up my white blouse a little over halfway, tucked it into my skirt, and pulled on my long socks. I laced my shoes and headed to my bathroom to brush my teeth. I brushed my hair out straight and applied foundation, filled in my eyebrows, dragged out my eyeliner to a sharp wing, and applied the smallest amount of blush. A light pink matte lipstick finished the look.

I walked down the stairs to find Luke still in the same clothes he arrived and slept in, making me breakfast in the kitchen.

"Luke." I whined. "This is so sweet."

He smiled, "Anything for you, princess. Come here."

He turned the burner on low and held his arms out for me. I found my place in them quickly.

"Look at you, gorgeous." He whispered. "My girl."

He'd been saying that a lot lately. I certainly didn't mind.

"You're so cheesy."

"Like a Gouda or Swiss?"

"Gouda."

"Nice."

He assembled us both a plate of scrambled eggs and toast, that we almost didn't have time to eat. But we ate anyway, and made it out of the door at a decent time.