50 • madeline

((( I just re read this whole story for the first time in months and HOW THE HELL DID U GUYS PUT UP WITH THE CRINGE AT THE BEGINNING OMGGGG

and that scene where Madeline drunkenly confessed her crush to him HAHAHAHAH WHY DID I DO HER LIKE THAT

I'm so funny .. anyways ))

To: Luke
Confession....

To: Luke
And you're not going to like it

From: Luke
Oh no ..

To: Luke
I have to go to a party Friday night

From: Luke
Lol

From: Luke
Very funny

From: Luke
What's the confession? x

I facepalmed.

"He doesn't believe me." I sighed.

"If you can't go-" Trish started, but I interrupted her in protest.

"I have to go! Gabe will be so mad if I don't go."

I was in the car with Trish and Celia, Celia had offered to take me to work. We were currently in the middle of discussing Gabe's 18th birthday party that was set for the weekend.

"Why doesn't he like you going to parties again?" Celia asked.

"Because I get drunk and make an ass out of myself." I said, bluntly.

Celia cringed. "Yeah. You do that."

I rolled my eyes.

From: Luke
Wait

From: Luke
... that's really the confession isn't it

"He's going to be mad." I said. "Here it comes. I can feel it already."

"Damn, can't he just relax a little?" Trisha laughed. "I mean he finally got laid, I thought that was going to make him more easygoing."

I smirked, "You are such a dick."

"Leave him alone." Celia giggled. "Mr. Hemmings is in love. Mads must be good in bed."

"Shut up, will you?" I blushed.

They both sent me playful smiles.
I rested my head against the window.

"Uh oh," Celia said, looking over at me, "I don't like that face."

"What face?" I asked.

Trisha leaned up from the back seat, "The one you're making right now. I don't like it either. What's on your mind?"

I shifted in my seat, and then perkily turned to face them both.
"Do you guys want to hear a secret?" I asked, "Like, a best friend secret. A never leave this car secret."

"I don't know, Mads. It's not like we're your two best friends or anything." Celia said, sarcastically.

I nodded, "Okay good."

Trisha laughed, "Let's hear it. You know your secret is safe with us."

"Okay," I started, "you know how Luke met mom and we told her everything?"

"Yeah, it went well right?" Celia asked.

I shrugged. "Better than I was expecting. But, she told me something."