40 • madeline

((( starting with another gif bc SHES SOOO CUTEEEE

also, update! not to shamelessly self promote myself but here I go LMAO

so I have two more fanfics I would like to publish soon. one is an Ashton fanfic, and one is a big 5SOS fanfic involving all four of the boys and love interests. I'll probably be uploading them soon, if you guys are interested!

however this story is my absolute BABY and I'll still be just as focused on this one <3 ok that's all, let me know if you guys are interested in the other stories !!! ))))

We laid there together for a while, before I finally got up. I slid my underwear back on. Luke's arms slipped around me from behind, and he started kissing my shoulder blades. I smiled.

Instead of putting on my own pajamas, I decided to steal one of Luke's tee shirts instead. He certainly didn't mind.

"You look so cute." He gushed. "You look better in my clothes than I do."

I laughed, "No way."

"Yes way," he smirked, "now come back here."

He took my hands in his and pulled me back onto the bed with him. I laid on his chest and he wrapped both arms around me.

"I missed this feeling." I said softly.

"Me too, baby." He whispered.
He ran a few fingers through my hair.
"You have no idea," he continued, "how lonely this apartment feels without you in it. How empty this bed feels when you're not sleeping next to me. I can't stand it."

I lifted my head so that I could look at him. His eyes were sincere, and he looked concerned.

"I don't want to feel that way again," he said, "and I sure as hell don't want to make you feel that way again, either."

"Then don't." I said, a bit sternly.

His lips curled into a smile.
"You're so feisty."

I laughed, and pecked him on the lips.

"I really want to take care of you." He said, between kisses. "And I don't ever want to be the guy who makes you sad."

"I'm trusting you not to be that guy." I nodded. "I've told you before, I trust you. I'm giving you another chance, but if you give me another reason not to trust you-"

He cut me off, "Believe me, baby, I won't. I was an idiot. I know that. But I am really serious about you and I. And being away from you only made me realize that I have to have you in my life. I just have to."

I smiled, "Good."

"I, uh," he started, fidgeting with a piece of my hair nervously, "I have to tell you something."

Oh god.

"Yeah? What is it?"

He tucked the hair behind my ear, "Well, I told my family about you."

My heart skipped a beat. "You did?"

He nodded, "I called my mom and I told her everything. And not long after that, I told everyone all together on FaceTime all about us."

"All about us?"

He chuckled, "Yeah, they're all filled in."

"What do they think?" I asked, "You know, about me being your student and all."

"When I first told my mum, she was afraid I'd get in trouble. But she was more excited than upset, because she's been wanting me to find someone new for a while now. I think she was starting to give up hope that I'd move on, and she didn't want me to go back to Nora. So she was relieved when I told her I found you."
He took a deep breath, "And then, when we were on FaceTime, with her and my dad and brothers and all, I told them more and more about you. They were so interested in hearing all about us. I told them that I was in love. Mum cried, she was so happy. She said that I was glowing, and I felt it."

"Oh my god, Luke. You're going to make me cry." I said, becoming emotional. I pulled him up so we were sitting, now, facing each other.

He had his hands on my thighs, rubbing my legs. I wrapped my arms loosely around his neck.

"I just want to show you how serious I am." He explained, "I don't want you to be afraid. I'm not always the best at expressing my emotions, but I'm really trying hard. I haven't even mentioned a girl's name to my family in so long, and I wouldn't do it if I wasn't fully confident in my feelings. But, Madeline, I mean it when I say that I love you. And I'll keep saying it, as many times as you need. I want you to feel safe and secure and I don't want you to worry. I know I fucked up. I'm sorry for that. You didn't have to give me another chance but you did, and I promise I won't let you down. I just know that I couldn't stand to see you with anyone else. Quite frankly, I can't think of a single person on earth who deserves you, myself included. But I'm trying."

I nodded, "I see that. I see that you're trying. I don't want you to think that it's going unnoticed or unappreciated. I know I can be stubborn but I really do trust you. And I want this to work. And I'm so happy that you told your family about me."

He grinned, "They already can't wait to meet you. I can't wait to introduce you to them. I wish I could take you to Australia immediately but for now, we may have to do Skype or FaceTime introductions."

I laughed, "Oh, Luke, that's fine. Just not right know, I really can't look your mother in the eyes after what we just did."

His face reddened and he smirked, "That is totally fair."

Luke changed out of his clothes and put on a pair of joggers and climbed back into bed with me. It had gotten super late at that point, and we were ready for bed.
I loved being snuggled up to him.

He was playing with my hair, and had almost put me to sleep, before he spoke up again.

"Do you think your mother will like me?"

I kept my eyes closed, but smiled.

"My mom is going to adore you." I said. "Just as soon as she gets over the whole teacher thing."

He laughed.
"Really? You really think so?"

I nodded, and yawned softly. "I know so."

I really knew she would love Luke once she got to know him, I just hoped she wouldn't freak out when she found out all the details. Suddenly, it sunk in that I had been keeping so much from her. I had never been secretive with her before, ever. Even though I briefly mentioned the situation to her she was still completely in the dark. It made me feel guilty. And on top of that, I had no idea how she'd react. Would she be angry? I didn't want to know.

I knew I had to do something, but I decided to ignore the feeling for now, and enjoy the calm before the storm.