43 • madeline

((((( WOW. OK.  HI.

listen so - I've been gone for a HOT MINUTE and I'm just going to be 10000% with y'all - I got BIG DEPRESSED and had to deal with T H A T and it was a big mess but now we're back and better than ever hi hello missed you all

but all jokes aside wow every time I come back and see all of the love for this story and all of the comments it makes me want to sob. nothing makes me happier than seeing u guys enjoy this story. I never thought it would have a big following and yet here we are. blows my mind.

let's get back into it shall we? )))

And just like that, my not-so-normal life had gotten back to what I considered normal.
Being absolutely smitten with my history teacher, and loving every minute of it.

I sat at lunch with my friend group. I had offered to help Davis with his homework with the amount of time we had left.

"You're glowing." Trisha smiled at me from across the lunch table. I blushed.

"That's because her and the mystery boy toy are back together, apparently." Cameron rolled his eyes.

"Is that right?" Logan asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Celia," I sighed, "I thought I told you to fill the boys in on the fact that we are not discussing my love life. Ever."

She smiled, innocently. "It slipped my mind."

"Come on, Mads," even Davis chimed in, "we know nothing about him."

"Literally nothing," Gabe agreed, "not even a name! For all we know he could be completely made up, just a fictional character to give you an excuse to not hang out with us."

I grinned, evilly, "Now what kind of friend would that make me? Although the idea is impeccable."

Gabe pouted, "I don't even know what impeccable means."

"Give us a name." Cameron argued.

"I can't." I groaned.

"Can't? Or won't?" He asked.

"Both."

"What does it start with?" Gabe asked.

I thought for a moment, "L."

"Ha! L for loser!" Gabe laughed, holding up a hand to be high-fived, and being brutally rejected.

"Good one."

"I still can't get used to you having a boyfriend." Cameron shook his head.

I groaned, "It's not my fault that boys have never liked me before!"

Logan scoffed, "That's so not true."

I looked over to Logan, but Davis interrupted.

"The important thing is that Madeline is happy. Right?"

"Thank you, Davis!" I said. "Can we change the subject now?"

Trisha laughed, "You're still glowing, Mads."

I grinned. "So, Davis, are we talking chem homework, or physics?"

After I suffered through the rest of my classes, Logan and I took our new unassigned seats in the corner of the room, where we had been sitting. Me and Luke were back to normal and all, but I didn't want Logan to get suspicious of anything. So we continued sitting in our spot.