38 • madeline

(((( This will be another short chapter because the next chapter has a LOT TO COVER LOL OK THX ))))

I woke up the next morning.
It was Thursday, February 14th.

Valentine's Day.

The formal dance was always super early in February, because our school staff knew all the couples would have other plans on Valentine's Day and didn't want to be responsible for any underage sex on school grounds.

I mean, they had a good point.

I woke up to a text from Luke.

From: Luke
Happy Valentine's Day, my love. I'm coming to get you at 6:30. Tell your mom that you'll be with Celia. I have plans for you.. ♥️

I blushed.

My mom was out of town until Sunday. Brian had surprised her with a nice Valentine's Day trip to Vegas. So, that wouldn't be an issue.

To: Luke
Mom is out of town until Sunday. She's in Vegas with Brian. Oh, and happy Valentine's Day :)

From: Luke
Even better ;) you can stay with me all weekend

To: Luke
don't get too excited, I'm still a minor you know

From: Luke
oh, I know. until Tuesday.

From: Luke
I remembered your birthday

From: Luke
I have plans for that, too

I smiled, feeling my face get hot. I let out a girly screech and flopped back down in my bed, covering my head with my comforter.

It wasn't going to be easy to forgive him right away, but he sure as hell still gave me butterflies.

I basically did nothing all day except catch up on my Netflix shows, until it was time to start getting ready.

To: Luke
okay, help. what do I wear for these plans?

From: Luke
don't worry, nothing too fancy. that's next week... ;)

From: Luke
so wear whatever you feel good in, sweet girl

From: Luke
and don't forget to pack a bag, you're staying with me until your mom gets home!!!

I grinned. I missed staying with Luke.
I missed Luke in general.

I looked around my closet to find something impressive. I chose a cute, but casual, purple velvet dress with black boots and a denim jacket on top. I pulled it all on and twirled in the mirror.
I was starting to feel like myself again.

I went to the bathroom to start my hair and makeup. I took a long look in the mirror. I had been avoiding mirrors, or at least trying too.
Luckily for me though, the swelling and bruising was finally going down quite a bit and was making more and more progress.
I still caked on foundation and concealer to completely mask the damage, though.
I applied a smoky eye and winged liner, too, to distract from the rest of the black eye that was too stubborn to be fixed with concealer. I swiped a nude lipstick over my lips, that had basically completely healed.

I smiled, and breathed a sigh of relief. I looked normal again.
My hair fell into soft waves, and I sprayed on my favorite perfume. Just when I decided I looked good enough I heard the doorbell ring.

I clumsily stumbled downstairs, and ran straight for the door, opening it immediately. I knew I looked eager, but truthfully, I didn't really care.

Luke stood before me looking like a dream. He wore his signature black skinny jeans, paired with a nice red flannel. His hair fell as perfectly as ever. He smiled wide when he saw me. God, I loved that smile. It was so hard to be mad at the little jerk when he was looking at me like that, with his annoyingly blue eyes.

"Hi." I breathed, awkwardly, shamelessly taking in his beauty.

He grinned even wider, "Hi, baby. God damn, you look so beautiful."

He pushed through the door and joined me inside, snaking both of his hands on my waist. He pulled me close. My arms instinctively wrapped around his neck as I let him hold me.

"You smell nice." I whispered. I really had zero game, but at least he liked me anyway.

He chuckled a bit, "Thank you, my love. I missed you."

I giggled into his shoulder, "You just saw me yesterday."

"Mhm," He said, "But I always miss you, the second you leave."

Cheesy, I thought. But I liked it.

"Are you all packed?" He asked, pulling away. He took one of my hands in his and pressed it to his lips.

"Yeah, I think so." I nodded. I gestured to the black duffel bag on the floor.

"Good." He said. "My apartment has felt so empty without my girl there with me."

I softened, "Your girl? What happened to taking a step back?"

He shook his head, "Fuck that."
He grabbed my face gently with one hand, pulling me forward and kissing me.
"You're mine. That's final."

He kissed me again, and I smiled against him.

"I guess so." I joked. "But I'm still a little mad at you."

He smirked, "Well, I hope I can make that up to you. Come on, we've got plans, babe."

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise."

((( Madeline's outfit and my personal fave so far !!! )))