55 • madeline

(YALLS COMMENTS MAKE ME SO SOFT IM SO GLAD U ALL ENJOY MY WRITING
I'm sorry my updates are so few and far between. I'm trying to stay motivated but this pandemic is doing some mean things to my brain. However I have been doing a lot of editing for future chapters and began a new fanfic that means so so much to me and would love if you guys would give it a read and leave me some feedback. It's definitely different compared to this one but I relate so much to my main character and writing for her has been incredibly therapeutic to me. I haven't published the first chapter y e t but will here soon today. It's called "Need Me" and it's a Timothèe Chalamet fanfic AAHHH. Ily guys thank you. <3)

<3

Luckily, my friend group felt like it was back to normal. Logan and I could be friendly again without it being weird, or awkward. We all sat at our same lunch table, with me and the girls, Davis and Trish being all over each other, and the boys: Logan, Gabe, and Cameron. I felt so relieved to have everyone back together again with no strange tension.

Gabe and Cameron were taking turns throwing cherry tomatoes at each other, picking them off their salads. Davis and Trish, as always, were sat right next to each other, looking at each other as if they forgot we were there. And Celia and I were helping Logan study for a geometry exam.

"Hey," Gabe finally spoke up, "what are we doing for spring break?"

I stiffened a bit, remembering I hadn't even told Celia or Trish of my new plans to hop on over to another continent for break.

"Great question!" Cameron exclaimed, "We should really plan that out."

"I-"

"We could go to the beach?" Celia suggested.

Trish scrunched her nose, "Not quite warm enough for that yet."

"Well, I-"

"Well," Davis suggested, "my uncle has a little spot up in Port Angeles. It's absolutely beautiful. He told me I could take my friends up there sometime, I know he wouldn't mind."

"What's in Port Angeles?" Cameron asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Cam, are you dumb?" Celia laughed. "It's iconic. There's so much nature to explore, and museums-"

"Nature?" Gabe scoffed, "do I look very in tune with nature?"

Celia shrugged, "A hike or two would do you good, maybe you'd work that growing beer gut off."

Gabe gasped, and threw a tomato at her this time."

"Guys-"

"I'm joking though," Gabe said, "that does sound nice."

"Yeah, I've got to agree." Cameron shook her head. "As long as we can bring alcohol."

Davis laughed, "Well, of course!"

Logan cleared his throat, and we all looked at him.
"Guys, I believe Maddie has been trying to say something."

Everyone's eyes fell to me, causing my face to heat up. Thanks, Logan.

"Sorry," Trish smiled sheepishly, "what's up, Mads?"

I took a breath, "Well, that does sound really fun. And I hope you all have a great time!"

Celia's mouth gaped open, "You're not saying-"

"Yeah, I am." I said, smiling nervously. "I can't go. I'm sorry guys! But don't let me stop you, go and have fun."

"Why can't you come?" Trisha whined.

"Yeah!" Cameron said, slapping a hand on the table. "I won't stand for it! What could you possibly be doing that's more important than hanging out with us? The lights of your life?"