56 • madeline

((( a/n: I wanted to leave the cliffhanger a little longer sheieheiehsisowjs BUT I JUST COULDNT DO YALL LIKE THAT

also I uploaded the first few chapters of my Timothèe fanfic, go check it out IF U WANT IDK ILY ))))

I practically ran to the door, slamming it shut and grabbing Cameron's hands, pulling him inside.

"Shut up." I said simply, still holding his hands. "Shut up. Shut up. I need you to shut up."

"Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. Me. Madeline." He growled, face red with anger. He used my full name which let me know I was definitely in trouble.

"Cameron, I need you to shut up!" I begged.

He pulled his hands away and looked over at Luke, who sat on his desk with his face in his hands.

"A teacher!" Cameron exclaimed. "A fucking teacher, Mads?"

I tried to smile, "A student teacher."

"Oh, I'll bet he's giving you quite a lesson!" Cameron scoffed. "Are you fucking serious? This is why I can't meet your boyfriend?"

"Cam, please calm down."

"Hey!" Cameron said, turning his attention to Luke. Luke pulled his head out of his hands and looked up at him.

"You're screwing my friend!" Cameron said. "So, I'm assuming you're not going to get me in trouble for speaking to you this way. But what the fuck?"

"Oh, Cameron please!" Luke groaned.

Cam continued, "If you're fucking Maddie then I should be getting a whole lot of a higher score on my geography tests, asshole!"

"Cameron!" I said, hitting his arm. "That is enough!"

"Maybe you should study more." Luke shrugged, coldly.

Cameron lunged at him.

"No!" I yelped, jumping between them and engulfing Cameron in a bear hug, trying to restrain him.

"Stop. Stop. Cam, please stop."
I put my hands on his face. "Stop."

"He's the one that hurt you, then." He said, eyes more upset than angry, now.

"Cam, no-"

"No, he's right." Luke sighed, speaking up.
Cameron pulled away from me to look at Luke, and Luke got off his desk to approach him.

"Yeah, you're right." He said again, to Cameron. "That was me. And I'm sorry."

Cameron didn't say anything, but he let Luke continue.

"I've been seeing Madeline for a while now." He nodded, "And I've done some things I'm not proud of, but I'm not just screwing your friend, as you may think. She's my girlfriend. And I love her."

Cameron looked between the two of us, in disbelief.

"I need to sit down." He huffed, taking a seat at a desk.

I stood beside Luke, who stood in front of Cam.

"How long has this been going on?" He asked, genuinely curious.

"It all started in January." I said.

"January?" Cameron asked. "Mads."

"I know." I sighed.

"Maddie, you have never lied to me." He said, sounding quite sad.

"Cameron, I know." I sighed again, feeling a bit disappointed in myself. I scooted the desk beside him closer and sat there facing him. He turned his body to face me.