42 • madeline

((( ^^^^^ IM SCREAMING OMG THANK U SO MUCH I CANT BELIEVE PPL ACTUALLY LIKE MY WRITING WOW

I'm sorry this chapter took so long I am an overwhelmed college student and it's FINALSSSS AHHHH

but it's fine I'm fine LETS GET INTO THIS )))

I sat down on Luke's lap, while he pulled out his laptop to run Skype.

"Wait." I said, putting a hand on his chest.

"What is it?" He asked, looking up at me.

I put a hand to his face and brought him in close, kissing him hard. He was a tad taken aback, but he didn't argue. I tangled both hands in his hair as he slipped his tongue in my mouth, and his hands trailed up and down my sides.

I pulled away.
"I had to get that out of my system." I explained. "I can't make out with you in front of your mom."

He blushed, and grinned, and then rolled his eyes at me.
"You're such a dick, Mads."

I laughed.

He looked back at me with a smile, "Are you ready?"

I grinned, "I'm about to meet your mother. This is like, relationship territory."

He chuckled, "I told you that I'm serious about this. Just because it isn't official yet doesn't mean I don't intend it to be."

"How long are you going to torture me?" I asked.

"Until you're legal."

I pushed him.

"Seriously," he laughed, "Are you ready?"

I bit my lip, but smiled, with an enthusiastic nod. He smiled back.

Then, he started the call.

It took a couple of rings, but then she picked up. Her face came on the screen, and my heart melted. Luke looked so much like her. My cheeks were already burning.

"Well, hello Luke!" She smiled. Her eyes flickered over a bit, and she saw me in her son's lap. "Oh my! It's you! Hi, darling!"

Luke laughed, "Mum, meet Madeline."

"Hi, Mrs. Hemmings." I giggled.

"Oh, don't be silly! Call me Liz!" She beamed, "My god, Luke, you could've warned me! I look awful!"

"Mom, you look fine." He rolled his eyes.

"I'm so happy to finally meet you!" She ignored him, turning her attention back to me. "You are even more beautiful than he described."

I smiled, hard, "Thank you, Mrs- I mean, Liz. I'm so happy I get to meet you."

"I have heard so much about you, dear, you wouldn't even believe it." She shook her head, "A mother dreams of that, you know! For her son to be so smitten with someone. For her son to find true happiness, and love."