12 • madeline

( a/n: all the gals outfits above! top left, Madeline's

( a/n: all the gals outfits above! top left, Madeline's. bottom left, Celia's. top right, Cheryl's. bottom right, Trisha's.)

Celia and I stumbled quickly into Cheryl's house. Cheryl left the back door open for us to decorate. Trisha and Cheryl were going to change into their dresses and redo their makeup at the school after cheer practice, but Celia and I had already changed and freshened up. It was 5:30, now.

Cheryl told Trish that we were all four going to a fancy dinner for her birthday, and that Celia and I were meeting them there. She was going to tell her that she forgot her coat at her house, and then we'd all surprise her when they walked in.

"Hurry!" Celia giggled, "Guests will start arriving in an hour!"

"Okay!"

We sprinkled glittery confetti all over the house, blew up balloons and set them everywhere, and put up a big banner that said "Happy Birthday, Trish!" I pulled a table out to put presents on, and soon Tanner arrived with the alcohol.

"Jesus Christ," I muttered, "how much did you bring?"

He smirked, "Enough."

Celia kissed him on the cheek, and the doorbell rang.

"That's the pizza," she explained, "I'm gonna need help carrying that in."

We had three boxes of cheese, three boxes of pepperoni, two boxes of pineapple, two boxes of meat lovers, and two boxes of supreme. They were all extra large.

"That should do it!" Celia smiled.

People started arriving shortly after that. Me, Celia, and Tanner greeted everyone and showed them to the refreshments. We had everyone park in the back, so Trisha wouldn't see them.

I groaned when Travis and Brett walked in.

Me and Celia approached them, trying to be intimidating. Trying.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked.

"Same thing you are." Travis smirked, "We're here to party."

"I don't know about you, Celia," I started, "But I don't remember inviting either of these assholes."

Celia shook her head, "You know what, Mads? Me neither."

Brett laughed, "Yeah, you didn't. Cheryl did."

Me and Celia looked at each other.

"Oh, dear." Travis laughed, "Poor little things. They got put in their place."

"Why did Cheryl invite you?" I asked.

"We're kind of a thing now. Sorry you haven't heard." Brett smirked. "And lucky for you doll face, Travis is my plus one. Maybe you two can do some much needed making up."