53 • madeline

(( AUTHORS NOTE : Hi guys! I just wanted to let you know when I say I read EVERY. SINGLE. COMMENT. I MEAN IT and I hear you and your wishes for the story to continue and we are absolutely going to do that! I promise I haven't forgotten about you guys! sometimes life gets hard and passions get put aside {check on ur English major friends, we are NOT okay} but we're gonna make it work! <3

also, while I'm here, I just wanted to let you guys know that I have published a new fanfic centered around ALL of the 5sos guys. it's set in a university and I have a lot of good ideas of where I want to take it so check it out and leave some feedback! Shameless self promo - PLS PLS PLS GO CHECK IT OUT IM GOING TO UPDATE IT AGAIN TONIGHT AND ADD SOME MORE CHAPTERS :)

and for the time being I have unpublished "after we drifted" for some temporary reconstruction;)

oKAY THANK U ILY ))))

I couldn't believe that after everything we went through, and after everything I'd done, everything I wanted had finally fallen into place.

Luke Hemmings, my (sort of) history teacher was finally my boyfriend.

I didn't have to second guess myself anymore or convince myself in an overthinking state that our connection would crumble before my eyes. Because it was real, now. He finally said it.

Now what?

I smiled as I walked into the school that Monday morning. Luke had dropped me off in the front like usual, scurrying away to the teacher's parking lot before anyone noticed him. I immediately found Celia and Trish and grasped them, tightly.
They looked relieved when they saw the giant grin on my face.

"It's official." I sighed.

"What's official?" Trish asked, raising an eyebrow.

I couldn't hold it in anymore. I absolutely burst.
"Luke is my boyfriend."

Their faces lit up and they squealed, squeezing my hand back at the same time.

"Really?" Celia asked, "Oh, that's such good news! You looked so upset when you left the party this weekend, I had no idea-"

"Yes, yes," I sighed, "which brings me to my next point."

They motioned for me to continue.

"I have to avoid Logan at all costs."

They both looked confused. "Why?"

I sighed again, "He kissed me at the party.

Celia's eyes widened, "You're kidding."

"I mean I knew he liked you, but-" Trisha started, but Celia and I both cut her off.

"What?" Celia asked.

"How'd you know?"

Trish smiled, sheepishly. "He let it slip to Davis, and Davis let it slip to me."

I shook my head, "Doesn't matter. I can't talk to him right now, it's going to be so awkward. Especially in front of Luke in class."

"Well, then you'd better slip away." Trisha said, nervously watching the door. "He and Davis are about to walk in, now."

"Oof," Celia breathed, looping her arm with mine and pulling me away from the scene, "lets go, then."

Celia and I walked to French together, taking our usual seats, and thankfully since class didn't start for another 10 minutes we were the only ones in there.