Chapter 23 - Bind

Maine's POV

I messed up several years ago and that includes my betrayal to my bestfriend. I would not allow those happenings in the past ruins whatever I have today, I have suffered enough and I was able to stand up by my own. Messing up again is out of the picture since then. What important to me now is Celestine, and I will do everything in my capacity to protect her from those mistakes in the past.

Several times RJ attempted to talk to me about our encounter in Batangas but for me there is nothing to talk about anymore. Its been five years and the fact that we went on our own separate lives after that night connotes that talking about it is no longer necessary. I believe that there is nothing to be bothered of in the first place because it was he who left me alone and just left with no traces of any chance that he wanted to see me again. Everthing about Tisoy and I started that night and everything also ended a few hours after that. It is too late to show some concerns now.

Two days before the fulfillment of my Lolo's promise to his friend, both families are dinning in our house, talking about the last minutes preparation of the most awaited wedding for them.  They don't even know what is on my mind as well RJ's. None of them knew that these two individuals that they forced to marry each other have met and stayed with each other in one whole night five years ago.

To our surprise, Lolo Danny asked for a talk with RJ and I in a more private set-up. When RJ and I went inside the library, the folks are there waiting for us. Hindi ko alam kung para saan ang usapang ito, at hindi ko rin maipaliwanag ang matinding kaba sa dibdib ko.

"I guess everything is all set for the wedding" Lolo Danny said

"Chloe and her husband did a great job. We are all set Dad. I hope walang maging aberya sa araw mismo ng kasal" Tito Ricky replied

"Ang hindi pag-sipot ng sino man kay RJ at Maine, yan lang ang aberyang dapat nating iwasan" Lolo Danny said and I've got a bit offended, pakiramdam ko para kaming preso na dapat pang bantayan para masigurong matutuloy ang kasal sa makalawa

"Darating ako Lolo, as promised. Hindi ako sisirain sa pangako ko, kung hindi man matutuloy ang kasal na 'to sigurado akong hindi ako ang dahilan" RJ coldly said. He speaks as if utang na loob ko pa kapag sumipot sya sa kasal namin.

"I will not waste my precious time and give-up one of my competition just to messed up on this wedding Lolo Danny. Darating po ako sa kasal namin ni RJ" I replied firmly

"Maraming salamat, from the bottom of my heart, thank you RJ and Maine for fulfilling this promise of mine. There is only one thing left to do, to complete this promise" Lolo Danny said and both RJ and I got surprise, anong ibig sabihin ni Lolo sa one thing left? Meron pa bang iba dapat gawin maliban sa pagpapakasal?

"What do you mean with 'only one thing left to do' Lolo? Di ba yung kasal lang ang pangako mo sa Lolo ni Maine?" RJ calmly asked

"Yes, but of course we expect to see our grandchildren too" Lolo Danny replied

"Grandchildren?" I exclaimed "To consummate the marriage is not part of the deal Lolo Danny"

"Of course it is, the marriage will be meaningless if it is not consummated" Lolo Daddy said and I could feel an imaginary lump in my throat as I could not say anything because I honestly don't know what to say.

"We know about your plan to annul the marriage" Tito Ricky said and this time I could no longer react, how did they know about that plan? Nag squeal ba sila Hannah at Camila? O baka naman yung lawyer friend ni RJ? Sino ang nagsabi sa kanila about the annulment plan? And why is this Faulkerson, Jr. remains silent as if tinanggap na lang nya kung anuman ang sabihin ng Lolo nya.