Chapter 82 - 365th Day

Richard's POV

This is it, today marks Maine and I's 365th day together as Mr. and Mrs. Richard Faulkerson, Jr., almost two weeks din akong aligaga para sa celebration na 'to, I wanted this to be memorable and certainly one for the books.

I woke up early today because I plan to prepare a special breakfast for her, nothing fancy, just her usual favorite pancake breakfast with lots and lots of fruits. What's special about that? Eh di yung effort ko to prepare it. Before I went out of the room to do my first chore for the day, I stares at this beautiful lady sleeping beside me. Staring at her upon waking up in the morning while she was still asleep has been my daily habit for 365 days already. I will never get tired of looking at her at peace while asleep. And everyday within that 365 days, I keeps on telling myself, "I am forever grateful to God for your Lolo and my Lolo in coming out on this kind of promise to each other. I love this woman beside me so much and I will make sure that our togetherness will be eternally". Loving her everyday is already a habit that I could no longer remove in my system.

After five minutes of staring at my wife while she is still asleep, I went off to the kitchen to prepare our breakfast. Since today is Sunday, Celestine is still asleep this early, therefore it will be easy for me to do what I have to do before Mrs. Faulkerson, Jr. wakes up. It took me less than thirty minutes to go back to our room for the breakfast.

I put the breakfast tray on the table then kneel beside the bed and started stroking Meng's hair, another gesture that I will never get tired of doing. Shortly, Meng move and slowly opens her eyes. "Good morning my love" I greeted her in a wide grin.

She smiles back and said "Good morning love"

"Happy anniversary Mendoza Girl" I said

"Yeah, happy anniversary Faulkerson, Jr." she greeted back then I pressed my lips to hers. "I made breakfast" I said and pointed at the food on the table.

"Wow, nice one Faulkerson, Jr." she said and quickly stood up but suddenly halted "Hala ..." she said then began rubbing her tummy

"What happen?" I worriedly asked

"Gising na ang mga pogi, mukhang gutom na at nagpapa ikot-ikot na sa tyan ko" she said giggling.

"Then, halika na, mag almusal na tayo" I said then gently rubs her tummy "Good morning buddies" I said then held Meng's hand to assist her to the table.

"Grabe ang bigat na ng tyan ko, ang hirap nang tumayo, bilog na bilog ako oh" Maine complained

"I don't mind, ikaw ang pinakamagandang bilog na babaing nakita ko" I said and assisted her on her seat then planted a peck on top of her head.

"Ang sweet ah" she commented

"Syempre naman, and to complete that breakfast for today, dito ka lang may kukunin lang ako sa labas saglit" I said then I hurried out and comes back with a bouquet of flowers. "Syempre hindi pwedeng walang flowers. Again, Happy Anniversary Mrs. Faulkerson, Jr." I said

"Ohhh .... Ang sweet naman talaga ng asawa ko. Happy Anniversary Love" she said and accepted the flowers from me. "This is so beautiful my love. Thank you" she added then cupped my face for a kiss.

"You're welcome" I replied. "Kain ka na at baka magalit ang kambal" I said

"Akala mo ikaw lang ang may surprise, meron din ako" she said and slowly she tried to stand up and walks to her bedside table. She took out a card from the drawer and handed it to me. "Happy Anniversary my love, pasensya ka na ha, card na lang muna. Hindi kasi ako makalabas kasi naman nahihirapan na ako dito sa dala-dala ko. Kapag pwede na, I'll make sure to buy something for you" she said