Chapter 27 - Good Morning

Maine's POV

I woke up the next day with a very different environment, different from the place I used to wake up for the last twenty three years. I checked on the time at it is only passing six in the morning. It only sinks in to me now that this is where I will be waking up for the next 365 days of my life. When I looks around, I found myself alone in the room, maaga rin palang gumising ang anak araw na yun. Ang nakakagulat lang gising na rin ang little girl ko, hmmm this is the first time na naunahan akong magising ni Celestine.

After I do my morning rituals I immediately went out of the room. While going down the stairs I can hear a giggling Celestine and the sound is coming from the kitchen. I quickly walks to the kitchen to see what my little angel is doing to giggle that much early in the morning. I found Celestine with RJ in the kitchen. I have never seen Celestine this engrossed in watching someone making her pancakes. In fairness hindi nakabawas ng kagwapuhan ang apron na suot ng anak araw na 'to. It gives me a lighter feeling while I am watching them enjoy the little stuff that they are doing. Ang lakas talagang makahawa ng tawa ni Celestine, the kind of sound that I could hear every morning, everyday and I must admit, this is the first time I saw her this happier.

But the light feeling eventually turns into a fear, because all of this are just temporary. In a couple months both Celestine and I will come back into our normal word.

"Good morning Mommy" Celestine greeted

"Good morning baby, you are up early" I greeted back and walks towards her for a kiss then sits on the kitchen stool beside Celestine

"Good morning" RJ greeted and I have no choice but to greet him back "Good morning" I said

"We are making pancakes" Celestine brags

"I can see that baby, kaya nga sobrang dungis mo this early in the morning, nasaan na ba si yaya para linisan ka" I said

"Later Mommy, hindi pa tapos mag-cook si Daddy ng pancakes ko eh" she replied

"Gutom ka na ba? I'll ask the maid to prepare our breakfast. Celestine said that she wants some pancakes so I volunteered na ako na ang gagawa para sa kanya" RJ replied

"Di ba sabi ni Lola you only eat whatever is on the table?" I told Celestine and to subtly point out to RJ that he is beginning to spoil my little angel, which I don't like.

"Yes, but Daddy RJ asked me if there is anything that I want to eat so I said I want some pancakes. I did not know that he will make some for me. I'm sorry Mommy, please don't be mad" Celestine sadly replied

"I am not mad baby, I am just reminding you that the house rules in Bulacan still applies here in Laguna. I hope you and Daddy RJ is clear with that" I said and throws fierce look at RJ.

"Yes Mommy, I understand, I'm sorry again" Celestine said and hugs me

"Yes Mommy sungit I understand too" RJ teases. "Pa-hug din ako" he added

"Try me Faulkerson, Jr." I threatens

"Mommy, Daddy RJ calls you Mommy sungit, just like how Tito Dean calls you" Celestine said and she starts giggling again at nakisali pa ang anak araw na 'to, ang aga-agang nang-aasar. Pasalamat sya nandito si Celestine dahil kung wala siguradong ibinuhos ko na sa kanya ang pancake mix na ginagawa nya.

"Go to Yaya to clean-up first baby, your pancakes will be ready when you comes back, then we will have breakfast together" I said

"Ok Mommy" Celestine said and jumps from the kitchen stool then runs to her room