003

CHAPTER 003
BEWARE THE WIDOW'S BITE

LOCATION: the cube

KASEY LEAVES BRUCE'S CELL WITH more thoughts wandering her mind than when she had entered. Is Bruce right? Could S.H.I.E.L.D. be trying to make more Hulks? Kasey never really did trust Fury or S.H.I.E.L.D., but this made her not trust them even more. Who knows what they are hiding? Fury. Kasey knew she couldn't just outright ask the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. if he was scheming to make more Hulks like Bruce had said. So, she would investigate herself.

Just as Kasey rounded the corner of The Cube, she freezed when she found Natasha entering the room where they kept the prisoner's blood. Kasey's eyes widened as she whispered to herself, "Natasha?" Kasey quickly took cover before Natasha could see her. As she heard Natasha's footsteps fade and the door close, Kasey waited until it opened again and closed and then heard Natasha's footsteps walk down the hall, out of The Cube. Kasey crosses her arms, wondering what the heck Natasha could have been doing in there. She so badly wanted to let it go, but that wasn't who she was. Her instincts were telling her something was up which made her feel sick to her stomach. Kasey sighs and looks down, "What are you doing, Natasha?"

•  •  •

"Initiate voice command. Username: Echo. Password: Maria."

"Access granted. S.H.I.E.L.D. computer systems online."

Kasey sits in the Quinjet, speaking to the S.H.I.E.L.D. database computer. "Bring up all communications and field reports by the Black Widow."

"Files are not located on the network."

Kasey began to get frustrated, "Well, where are they located?" Kasey hated S.H.I.E.L.D.'s tacky computer system. It was nothing like J.A.R.V.I.S. and she hated it. If she were talking to J.A.R.V.I.S., right when she asked him a question, he would tell her everything about, when it was made, who made it, and where it is located and Kasey loved that because she always wanted to know everything. But unfortunately, S.H.I.E.L.D. is still in need of a major upgrade.

"Romanoff, Natasha. Codename: Black Widow. Records transferred to a remote computer."

Kasey sighs, "Okay, fine, whatever. Connect to the remote computer."

"Password required."

Kasey narrows her eyes at the computer screen, "Spider."

"Access denied."

"Sting."

"Access denied."

"Venom."

"Access denied."

Kasey stands in irritation, "Web."

"Access denied."

"Hourglass."

"Access denied."

Kasey sighs and rolls her eyes and then it dawns on her, "Clint?"

"Access denied."