009

CHAPTER 009
S.H.I.E.L.D.

LOCATION: ohio

AFTER EATING HER MEAL AT THE restaurant, Kasey left and began to walk to Comfort Inn, which was two hours away. When she arrives, she books a room for one night and then goes up to the room and passes out. Her thoughts and worries wandered away and she was finally at peace.

Although, the peace would not last forever.

•  •  •

Kasey wakes up and rubs her eyes. She pulls out the eye boogers in the corner of them and then goes to the bathroom which she's had to do since before she even went to sleep, but she was just that tired. After washing her hands, Kasey begins to to strip, deciding that since she was in the presence of a shower, she might as well use it. Kasey showers and hums to a song in her head. She was so relaxed in this moment. In this moment, she didn't have to worry about S.H.I.E.L.D., or Tony, or herself, she was just in the shower, humming to herself like a stupid person. After the shower, Kasey dries off and then pulls her clothes back on. She quickly grabs her backpack, pulls on her cap and begins to leave the room. Walking out of the stairway, Kasey comes to a stop when she sees S.H.I.E.L.D. agents talking to the hotel receptionist. She freezes and takes cover, watching as the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents walk towards the elevator. As they go up to whatever floor she was at Kasey walks to the receptionist, checks out of her room in a hurry and leaves. She runs from the inn. She was sure that S.H.I.E.L.D. wasn't far away after discovering she had already left.

Kasey makes a right and runs into an old, beat up alleyway, keeping her back to the wall and panting. As she hears quick footsteps approaching, Kasey holds her breath and watches as the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents run past the alleyway. Kasey watches as they speak over their radios. There were probably more agents than just them around. They certainly wouldn't come without backup.

She was so close to New York. She could almost smell the New York air. She wasn't about to be caught by S.H.I.E.L.D. now. Not when she was so close to Natasha. Kasey figured Clint would be going after her too.

She had to do something and she had to do something fast. Kasey looks around frantically before spotting a manhole at the end of the alleyway. Kasey begins to run towards it and as she reaches it, she opens it. But when the smell of sewage hits her nose, she scrunches it up and steps back, holding it away. "There!" A yell comes from behind her. Kasey turns and sees the two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents running towards her. She looks at the manhole and the agents pull out their weapons and aim them at her, "Don't even think about it!"

Kasey jumps in the manhole and begins to run, hoping that sewage would not splash her in the face. The last thing she needs is acne. The S.H.I.E.L.D. agents use the ladder to get down the manhole after her and then begin to chase her. They attempt to contact the other agents over their radio, but it doesn't seem to work since they are underground. Kasey makes a right, having no frickin idea where she is going, but hopes it goes somewhere closer to New York. She was not losing the agents behind her. The best thing she could do would be to take them out and escape. So, Kasey made another right and waited for them to come around the corner. As they did, Kasey throat chopped the first one and then elbowed the second in the face. The second one recovered quicker and stood in fighting stance, although, Kasey did not give him a chance to make a move before she outright attacked him. Kasey throws punches left and right, some blocked, some dodged, and some hitting him. Kasey grabs the agent's arms and headbutts him and then kicks him in the stomach at full force, making him fly back at hit the sewer wall. He falls face first into the sewage floor and Kasey cringes, thinking, he's going to have bad acne when he wakes up. Kasey then moves onto the second S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. While Kasey was thinking about acne, he managed to grab her in a headlock, to which she pushed him back and he hit the wall harshly. Kasey, struggling to get free, moves forward and then flips him over for him to land on his back. He looks at her and watches as she pulls her arm back, about to knock him cold, but he moves his face and her hand hits the ground harshly, breaking a few fingers. Kasey screams and he stands and elbows her in the back, making her fall forward. Kasey stops herself from landing on her face at all costs. No matter how much pain she was in, she did not want acne. Kasey glances at the agent in pain and then he grabs her by the shirt and lifts her up, about to hit her, until she tosses a Taser Disk onto his neck, making the agent screech in pain and drop her, letting her land on her feet. She watches as he falls onto the floor unconscious before sighing and looking at her right hand, which had a few broken fingers. Kasey winces and then begins to run, trying to find a way out of the maze.

•  •  •

s.h.i.e.l.d. needs to calm the frick down