021

CHAPTER 021
ULTRON-5

LOCATION: subway

THE AVENGERS, EXCLUDING
Panther and Hulk, stood in a subway across from the Serpent Society, which consisted of King Cobra aka Klaus Vorhees, Bushmaster aka Quincy Mclver, Anaconda aka Blanche Sitznski, Death Adder aka Roland Burroughs, and lastly, Rattler aka Gustav Krueger. Cobra and Bushmaster had their tails around two innocents, squeezing. Cobra hissed at the Avengers, "Surrender."

Iron Man steps back, "Okay, you heard him people. Everyone stand down." Echo lets her arms that held her swords fall to her sides while she looks at Iron Man funny, thinking, is this guy serious? "Kase," Iron Man looks at her, "give him the keys to the Quinjet."

Echo raises her eyebrows at him, slightly thinking he was joking. She chuckles slightly, "You're not serious."

"Not even close," Iron Man remarks, which makes the girl smile. She would get to fight after all. He looks at the Serpent Society and finishes, "because we're not surrendering to the Serpent Society." Iron Man lifts his arm to where a missile is ready to launch, "Avengers, pick a target." Echo smirks and lifts her swords while her brother starts, "On my mark."

Just as they were about to attack, Ant-Man grows to his normal size and stands between the two groups, "Tony, wait!" He lifts his arms up and looks at the Serpent Society, "Everyone, just breathe. We can resolve this without resorting to violence. No one needs to get hurt." He looks at Iron Man, "Cobra was one of my patients in the Big House. Most of the Society was." Even with his mask on, Echo could see Hank's begging eyes, "Let me talk to them, Tony."

"Hank, move out of the way, now!" Iron Man orders.

Echo rolls her eyes when Ant-Man doesn't obey, but turns to the Serpent Society, "Cobra. Klaus, why don't you let the hostages go? You and I, we can talk this out." He lifts his hands in surrender, "No one has to get hurt. We can work together and everyone can win."

Cobra smiles and squeezes his hostage with his tail, making Echo narrow her eyes at him. She was going to take him out first. "You already lost, Avenger. Madame Viper is meeting us here with the full power of HYDRA at her back!"

Echo smirks and narrows her eyes, "You think he means the same Madame Viper that's in a S.H.I.E.L.D. lockup? And the same HYDRA we just took down?" Her eyes glance to Iron Man, who stood next to her.

"Yeah, sorry, Cobra. I'm pretty sure you're on your own here." Iron Man agrees.

Cobra hisses, "You're wrong!" He begins to squeeze his hostage in anger, "Her message! It was--"

"Hank," Iron Man cuts off Cobra, "move!"

Wasp flies in front of Iron Man in agreement, "For real, Hank. You have to get out of the way."

Ant-Man still does not obey and turns to Cobra, "Klaus, please, let these people go. Take me instead. We can work this out."

"No!" Cobra yells, "You're lying! You're all lying! Adder!" Adder obeys and in flash, he swings his tail at Ant-Man, but Hawkeye pushes Ant-Man out of the way, and gets hit instead. Hawkeye flies back and lands on his stomach, unmoving.

Echo's eyes widen and she rushes over to him, "Hawkeye!"

She turns him over, checking him for his injury, but looks up when she sees Cobra let go of his hostage, along with Bushmaster. Cobra begins to attack them, yelling, "Serpent Society, attack!"