008

CHAPTER 008
HERO OR HYDRA

LOCATION: michigan

KASEY ARRIVES INTO MICHIGAN around midnight and leaves her boat there. She didn't care about it, like seriously, she might as well put a "free boat" sign on it. Kasey looks around. There were not much people out and about, probably because it was midnight. Kasey began to walk until she found a gas station. It was a bit chilly, as it was in Chicago, but she managed. Arriving at a Marathon Gas Station in Kalamazoo, Kasey walks in, avoiding cameras by dipping her head, and heads for the bathroom. Not because she had to use it, but because she needed to change her appearance. Kasey hated to have to do this because she loved her hair. But she was too recognizable with the way she looked. I mean, she's posed in magazines, she's on TV. She has to change something. Kasey locks the women's bathroom and then removes her cap. She reached into her backpack and pulled out her sword, beginning to cut her hair short. When she's done, she's about to put her sword back in her backpack, but she hears shouts from outside the bathroom door.

Kasey opens the bathroom door slowly and peeks out, looking through the small space. She finds two men in ski masks, pointing their weapons at the cashier, who looked as frightened as ever. They were yelling at him to give them the money into the cash register. Kasey pulls her head back and leans against the wall. She has to do something. She can't just let this happen. Kasey grabs her backpack and pulls out two Taser Disks before sticking her sword in her back pack, adjusting her cap, and pulling her backpack on her back. She walks out of the bathroom to see that the men haven't even noticed her. Kasey dips her head and throws a disk at each of their necks and they fall to the ground in pain. The cashier looks at her in shock and looks at her confused as if he recognized her. A second later, his eyes widen and just before he could say anything, Kasey starts, "If you say anything, I will come back here and do the same thing I did to them, to you. I was never here. Understood?"

The cashier nods in fear and shock slowly. Kasey then grabs a muffin and an energy drink, sets it on the counter and pays for it. She sends him a smile and then dips her head from cameras and leaves, beginning to walk. She looked around while she unwraps her muffin. There really was no one outside. It was understandable, it was in the middle of the night. She needed to find a car, problem is the only cars she could find had somebody in it. She was not about to walk all the way to New York. Estimating, it would take days and that was not happening.

Hours later, Kasey had already ate her muffin and her energy drink was already halfway gone. She was still in Kalamazoo, but now she was on Copper Beach Blvd. Kasey was headed for The Paddock Apartments. She reached it, and when she did, she got into the car she wanted no problem. I mean, she was Kasey Stark, what did you expect? Kasey jump starts the car and begins to drive.

•  •  •

About five hours later, Kasey leaves the car in a parking lot of a Marathon Gas Station in Millersburg. Then, walks to the Route 83 restaurant which was not far, but maybe an hour and thirty minutes away. She did not want to leave the car at the restaurant because then, whoever is investigating the case of the stolen car will have witnesses being able to place her with it. So, she ditched it and began to walk again.

When she arrives at the restaurant, it had just opened, but it looked like people were already filling in the place. Kasey walks in and the bell on the door rings, signalling that someone had walked in. Kasey looks around the place. It was a small restaurant and there were not many people. People who were there were just interested in themselves and their food. Good. She thought. This was exactly what she needed. Kasey's stomach growls. Maybe really what she needed.

•  •  •

kasey is my bby