022

CHAPTER 022
THE ULTRON IMPERATIVE

LOCATION: avengers mansion

"THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING."
Wasp sighs in sadness, "I can't believe he's gone, that Thor is gone." Minutes after Ant-Man left the room, the team, Hawkeye, Wasp, Kasey, Hulk, and Panther, began to mourn the death of Thor. They stared at his helmet and his hammer that were laying on the ground. "Should-Should we move his hammer?" Wasp asks. Kasey knew that they couldn't. No matter how much they tried, they would not be able to because they were not worthy. None of them were.

Just Thor.

Wasp looks at Hulk, "Hulk, maybe you can--"

"Can't move it." Hulk interrupts her, "Can't even pick it up."

Wasp sighs, "Why not?"

"Because I'm not Thor." Hulk answers and Kasey stares at the writing on the hammer that read, "Whosoever holds this hammer if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

"How could this happen?" Wasp asks in disbelief and looks at Kasey, "I can't believe that Hank--"

Kasey stopped her right there. As much as she loved Wasp, she would never stop blaming Hank for something. She was always nagging at him and it annoyed her so much. "What?!" Kasey snaps at her, "You can't believe that your boyfriend's pet robot went nuts? That it put Steve in the hospital and almost took down the whole team?" She looks at Wasp with nothing but anger in her eyes, "We were lucky." Tears fill her eyes when she looks down at Mjolnir. Her voice cracks, "Thor wasn't."

• • •

The rest of the team stayed in the mansion, but Kasey decided to change and visit Steve at the hospital. She spoke to his doctor, asking her how he was, and thankfully, she told her that he would be fine. Kasey sighs in relief, "Can I see him?"

"Of course." The doctor responds with a smile.

Kasey walks past her and then looks in the window see Steve in the hospital bed, watching television. She smiles at Steve just being Steve, when she notices he can't figure out how to use the remote. Walking towards the door, she walks in and then smiles at him, "Hey."

When Steve sees her, he smiles, "Hey."

Kasey steps over to him, "How are you feeling?"

Steve groans and sits up, "Uh, sore."

Kasey laughs, "Yeah, you got hit pretty hard."

Steve looks at her and smiles and she returns it, but then they both vanish after remembering the loss of Thor. "We, um, we still have to have the discussion of what's going to happen to the team after Thor..." She trails off and Steve nods.

Steve sighs and looks down, "He was a good soldier. He died with honor."

Kasey sighs and looks down, "I just can't believe he's gone. Um, T'Challa, Tony, and I were working on a way to bring him back to Asgard after he got locked out or whatever," she raises her eyebrows, "happened there. I feel like his family should know." She nods.