047

CHAPTER 047
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

LOCATION: mall

IT WAS ALMOST A WEEK AFTER
what happened with the Kree and Captain Marvel, and Kasey and Jan were at the mall. The two decided that out of all of the craziness recently, they haven't been able to hang out, so, the two decided to go to the mall.

Jan loved to go to the mall with Kasey. And not just because the two were like sisters, but because she had money. It's not like Kasey cared that she bought Jan a few things, anyway. The two were not just out for a girls day, but they were out to talk about the one thing Kasey did not want to talk about:

Steve.

"I don't understand why you won't just talk to him." Jan continues to rant as she looks through clothes on a rack, "You said "I love you", he said it back, why can't you guys just kiss already?"

Kasey follows Jan across the store as she moves over to the scarfs, "What am I supposed to say, Jan? I mean, maybe I don't really love him." She shrugs, "Maybe it was just a heat of the moment thing."

Jan looks at her in complete disbelief, "Was it?"

Kasey groans, "No. I can't stop thinking about him. He's all I think about every second of every day and it's driving me insane!"

"Then just tell him how you feel." Jan remarks.

Kasey scoffs, "You mean like you did with Hank?"

Jan looks at her in annoyance, "Okay, that's completely different and you know it."

Kasey sighs in defeat, "Maybe your right."

Jan chuckles, "Of course I'm right."

Kasey looks out the store window to see some girls, who simply glanced inside, eyes widen when they saw her. Kasey watches as they run inside the store as Jan continues, "So, promise me you'll talk to Steve."

Kasey looks at her, "I promise."

"Kasey, can I get a picture with you?" One of the three girls ask.

"Yeah, me too!" The second girl yells.

"I want one too!" The third waves her phone.

Kasey smiles at them, "Sure."

She takes a photo with all three girls and then they say thanks and leave, jumping with happiness and excitement. Jan watches as they skip away, "You just made their year."

Kasey shrugs and looks down, "Yeah."

Jan turns away from the scarfs and looks at her, "What was that?"

Kasey looks at her with complete innocence on her face, "What was what?"

"That."

"I don't know what you're—"

Jan gives Kasey a hard look, making the woman cut herself off. She looks down and sighs, beginning to walk out of the store. Jan follows her as Kasey starts, "Well, I don't know. I just get a bit tired of this. Of-of—"