033

CHAPTER 033
WHO DO YOU TRUST?

LOCATION: pizzeria

KASEY SAT IN-BETWEEN STEVE
and Jan at the pizzeria with Tony, Clint, Carol Danvers aka Ms. Marvel, and obviously Jan and Steve. They were celebrating Carol's arrival in the Avengers. The waitress sets pepperoni pizza on the table and walks away. "Okay," Tony begins, "so, I'd like to make a toast. Well, less of a toast, more like a welcome." He corrects as Kasey grabs two pieces of pizza and puts them on her plate, "A-A welcome toast." Tony raises his drink.

Clint looks at him with a smirk, "Wow, you're really bad at this."

As Clint lifts his pizza to his mouth, Tony looks at him, "Well, I'm really good at "you just got fired" speeches, Hawkeye, if you catch my drift."

Kasey grabs her pizza, looking at Clint, "He's not lying."

Suddenly, an awkward atmosphere came out of nowhere. Tony clears his throat, making everyone who was looking down and away awkwardly to look at him, "I'd like to officially welcome Ms. Marvel to the Avengers. You've been with us two weeks now and already saved the planet twice. So, we're even considering taking you off probationary status."

Kasey points at her, "Considering it. Don't get cocky."

Carol laughs and looks at them, "Thanks, guys. Really. This means a lot to me, but um," she grabs her pizza, "do you have someone at the mansion, you know, in case of random evil?"

Kasey takes a bite of her pizza as Steve hums, "We have regular monitor duty assignments. Hulk is on tonight." Carol gives him a surprised look until he adds, "And the Black Panther is on Hulk duty."

Kasey drinks her Dr. Pepper and watches Hawkeye shoot a tiny, little arrow at his paper cup with a tiny, little bow. He pulls out the tiny arrow and rubs it against his fingers. "So, I joined the Air Force out of high school." Carol explains, "They paid for college, but I reenlisted anyway, so I could fly jets." Kasey looks at Carol, who looks up with a smile, "I love flying jets."

"What was your squadron name?" Steve asks from beside Kasey.

"102nd." Carol answers, "The best of the best." She does a small salute, "Major Carol Danvers call sign Warbird. They pulled me into special investigations not long after. They knew I was a big believer in law and order. Without rules, we got nothin'."

"Major?" Clint smirks with interest. He points at Steve, "That means she outranks you, Old Man." Steve's eyes widen.

Carol looks at Clint, "And as a S.W.O.R.D. field commander, I outrank you," she points at him, "back when you did ops for S.H.I.E.L.D.."

Clint gives her an annoyed look, then points his bow and arrow at her, but Carol simply points her hand at him like a gun and zaps his bow and arrow. He watches it smoke and fall to pieces, making Kasey laugh. Steve smiles at her, "I like you already, Major." Kasey's smile falls and she looks at Steve with an irritated look.

Her irritated look didn't last long when she began to hear screaming from outside. Kasey looks outside to see Griffin aka John Horton flying through the streets. "Check, please." Tony lifts his hand. Steve slides out of the booth and Kasey follows, standing.