038

CHAPTER 038
ULTRON UNLIMITED

LOCATION: avengers mansion

KASEY SITS ON THE COUCH
watching The Breakfast Club. She had been there for about an hour, eating ice cream, covered in a blanket, and texting Hawkeye on her Avengers ID card. He was supposed to be on monitor duty, but she couldn't blame him, monitor duty is boring. Kasey, all out of ice cream, sets it on the coffee table and then sighs and looks at the freezer, wanting more.

But she didn't want to get up.

Kasey groans and then stands, her craving for ice cream greater than her laziness. She walks into the kitchen and then opens the freezer, reaching in to grab the ice cream, but her hand stops when she hears footsteps on the other side of the freezer door. Kasey looks down at the feet, trying to see who it is, but they were wearing clothes similar to her Echo costume. Her eyebrows knit in confusion and she closes the freezer only to see herself. Kasey's eyes widen and the Robo Echo moves towards her, while Kasey backs away and looks around the kitchen for a weapon. Looking to her left, around the counter, she spots a knife. Robo Echo begins to attack her and when it throws a punch, Kasey rolls towards the knife and dodges it. Robo Echo's fist crashes into the cabinet, breaking the wood. Kasey grabs the knife and turns towards Robo Echo before throwing it at it's face. Robo Echo dodges the throw and it lands behind it before Robo Echo pulls out it's sword which was not made with Vibranium and throws it at Kasey's head.

Kasey's breath hitches in her throat and her eyes widen. It takes her a moment to react, but at the last second, she moves out of the way and the sword hits the wall behind where her head was. Kasey pulls the sword from the wall and looks at Robo Echo with narrowed eyes, then Robo Echo does the same and pulls it's other sword out. The two begin to sword fight and Kasey at first, had the upper hand, but when Robo Echo swept her legs out from under her, Kasey fell to the ground and her sword fell a distance from her. Then, when Kasey attempts to get up, she gets electrocuted by two Taser Disks and falls unconscious. Robo Echo stands over her and pulls out a device and it transforms into a scorpion and then crawls on Kasey's neck and stings her. Kasey's eyes snap open and she gasps and then her eyes begin to glow red. "Interface complete." Robo Echo looks at Vision, who enters the room after witnessing the fight, "I await your command."

Vision picks Kasey up, "You are to go with the others to defeat Thor."

Vision begins to leave and then he arrives to his base where he carries Kasey. In the base, he walks past a containment tube holding Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Ms. Marvel and then places her in the one next to Ms. Marvel. Kasey begins to come to when she is placed in the tube. Her eyes open slowly and she begins to look around with confusion, "What? What happ—"

Kasey cuts herself off when Vision activates the electricity field and then she begins to scream.

• • •

When Vision fires his beam at the containment tubes and destroys them, Kasey jumps out of it, but then looks around. Everyone was in their costume, but her. She was wearing pajamas. I think it's safe to say everyone in the Avengers wears their costume 24/7 but Kasey. She only wears it when she knows she is going to fight someone, but if she doesn't, she is usually wearing regular clothes.

Kasey watches as Tony picks up his Iron Man helmet and places it on his head. He turns to them, "Avengers, pick a robot and take it down!"