028

CHAPTER 028
ACTS OF VENGEANCE

LOCATION: avengers mansion

WHEN KASEY WOKE UP THE NEXT morning, she was sick. She had the sniffles, a sore throat, and Tony thought she had a fever coming along. So, when the team got some intel of where the Masters of Evil might be hiding, she was ordered to stay at the mansion. Cap, Panther, Hulk, and Hawkeye went to the location, but Iron Man and Wasp went to another location when they got a call that the cops found Chemistro.

So, Kasey, in annoyance, obeyed her brother's wishes and stayed at the mansion while everyone else got to go out and have fun.

By "fun", she meant fight the Masters of Evil.

That's what she considered fun.

Kasey, still in her pajamas, plops on the sofa and wraps herself in a blanket, turning on the television. Some stupid cartoon came on and she rolled her eyes and changed the channel before stopping at a movie called The Judge.

After a bunch of sneezing, coughing, and blowing her nose, Kasey began to get tired, so she fell asleep.

When she woke up, the movie was already over and playing some other movie that she didn't even know. Kasey turns off the television and sits up, "Hey, J, what time is it?"

"9:00PM, Miss Stark."

Kasey begins to stand and walk into the kitchen, "Are Tony and the others back yet?"

Kasey browses the fridge, looking at all it's contents. Nothing in there was of interest to her, so she slammed the door shut. In all honesty, she hadn't ate anything all day, but nobody needed to know that but her. "Mr. Stark and Miss van Dyne are in New Jersey while Captain Rogers, Hawkeye, Black Panther, and the Hulk have just arrived."

Kasey coughs and then blows her nose into a tissue, before tossing it into the trashcan next to the couch. She rolls her eyes and falls on the couch with a groan, "I've never been so bored in my life." Her eyes narrow and a smirk crawls on her face. She begins to stand and walk towards the door. She didn't care that she was sick. She was going to go out and have fun, whether Tony liked it or not. Kasey pulls on the door, but it doesn't open. Kasey rolls her eyes at her brother, "J.A.R.V.I.S., open the door!"

"I cannot, Miss Stark. Mr. Stark has ordered me to--"

J.A.R.V.I.S.'s voice begins to fade out and then it dies. Kasey knits her eyebrows together, "J.A.R.V.I.S.?"

Kasey opens the door and walks out of the lounge before walking down the giant set of stairs. She sneezes into her tissue and then walks down the next set of stairs, entering where the front door was. Kasey coughs and looks ahead, seeing Cap, Panther, Hulk, and Hawkeye, pointing their weapons at Baron Zemo, Abomination, and Wonder Man. Echo doesn't even acknowledge the three intruders, but stomps over to Cap, Hawkeye, Panther, and Hulk angrily, "Does someone want to tell me what happened to J.A.R.V.I.S.?" Kasey begins to pace, walking past Wonder Man and Zemo a few times, "And why the frick is there nothing to eat?! I've been here all day and there is seriously no food! Like, seriously, can I get at least something to eat here?!"

Zemo raises his finger, about to speak, but Kasey glances at him dismissively, "Hey, Zemo." Then, she freezes and turns her head to the right slowly before exclaiming, "Zemo?!"