020

CHAPTER 020
HAIL, HYDRA!

LOCATION: avengers mansion

THE AVENGERS, EXCEPT FOR
Black Panther and Thor, stood in the training room as Hawkeye aimed an arrow at an apple which was sitting far away from him. Two forcefields and a fan, which sat in-between the forcefields blocked him from the apple, which was the target. "There's no way your gonna make that shot." Iron Man tells Hawkeye.

Wasp flies in front of Hawkeye, "Yeah. Iron Man's right." She gestures to the apple, "That's just not gonna happen."

"I don't like to use the word impossible, but it may fit here." Ant-Man explains, then looks at the Hulk, "What do you think, Hulk?"

"Don't care." Hulk answers as he leans against the wall with his crossed arms. He smiles, "Only came in case Hawkeye started a fight."

"Thanks for the support, team." Hawkeye continues to aim the arrow at the apple, but looks at Cap in the corner of his eye, "What do you think, old man?"

Hawkeye knew he didn't even need to ask Kasey, because he knew that she knew that he would make it. She just knew him that well. Cap smiles at Hawkeye, "I haven't seen you miss yet. I don't expect you to start now."

Kasey smiles at Cap's comment. He always encouraged people and it made her smile. She knew she could never be like that. "Well," Kasey rubs her hands together, "Well, I'm willing to bet $20 that he makes it. Because I just have that much faith in him." She smirks.

Iron Man was the first to bet, "All right, I'm in. If Hawkeye makes this shot, then you give me $20."

"I'm in too." Ant-Man joins in.

Wasp groans, "Does it have to be a 20? Can't it just be a 10 or, like, a 5?"

Kasey smirks at the girl, knowing she would wish to spend her 20 on clothes at the mall than a bet. "Go big or go home."

Wasp rolls her eyes, "Fine. I'm in."

Kasey smirks and then pats Hawkeye on the back, "Go win me some money."

Hawkeye smirks and then pulls his arrow back before firing. The team watch in suspense as it nears the apple, but then, the lights go out. Kasey looks around in confusion. That's odd. She thought. The mansion has a backup generator, so something had to have happened to the mansion's defenses. Then, she gasps. The apple! She squints her eyes on the direction of the apple, trying to see if the arrow hit it. She was not about to lose 60 dollars today. "What?" She heard Hawkeye ask, "Did I make the shot?"

"Where's Tony?" Wasp asks and brightens up the room with the brightness from her stingers, "What happened?"

As Kasey sees Tony's Iron Man armor on the ground, it dawns on her, someone must have set off an EMP. Kasey looks at Wasp, answering, "Must have been an EMP." It took a few seconds, but soon Iron Man's armor rebooted and he began to stand as power rushed back to it.

"Why isn't the mansion powered up yet?" Ant-Man asks.

Honestly, Kasey was wondering the same thing. They have a backup generator, so the power should have been back on by now. "Well, it could have handled one pulse, but it looks like three went off in the same back-to-back. We have to get up there. Now!" Iron Man remarks.