007

CHAPTER 007
SET SAIL

LOCATION: chicago, illinois

A ROOSTER CROWING WAKES
Kasey up from her slumber. The girl looks around confused, but then remembers. She squints her eyes from the brightness of the sun that shines through her window. After sitting there for another ten minutes, Kasey begins to stand, fix her hair from the bed head, brush her teeth, and go downstairs. Greg was already awake sitting on the couch, reading the newspaper and drinking coffee. Kasey turned towards the kitchen to see Doris making breakfast. The woman smiles at Kasey, "Good morning, Carly. Breakfast will be ready in a minute." Kasey nods and looks at the couch that Greg sits on. Kasey missed her couch back at Stark Tower. It was basically her bed. But the one thing she missed more than her couch, was Tony. She would kill just to see him. She just wanted her brother and that was all. Her eyes sadden when she thinks about it, but they return stone cold when Doris calls out, "Breakfast is ready!" Kasey sits at the table, followed by Greg, who sits at the head. Doris sets Kasey's plate in front of her, and then sets out Greg's plate, and then her own before sitting. The three hold hands and Greg begins to pray for the food. When he finishes, Kasey begins to eat her omelette. She was thinking about where she would go after this and then decided she would accept Greg's offer to drop her off somewhere. Not wanting to trouble him as much, she would tell him somewhere close and make her way from there.

When they finished breakfast, Doris gave her another change of clothes, "Keep them." She said, "Your in much more need of them than I am."

Kasey smiles and looks down. She looks back up at Doris gratefully, glancing at Greg, as well, "You know, I don't say this much, but thank you. Everything you've done since last night for me, I couldn't thank you enough."

Doris smiles at her, "We're just glad we could help someone in need."

Kasey smiles, "Well, I'm going to go change." She looks at Greg, "And it would be great if you could drop me off somewhere. I would like that."

Greg smiles at her, "Of course."

Kasey smiles at them and goes upstairs and changes. The clothes were good, but they were not what she needed. What she needed was to conceal her identity. People knew who she was and if someone saw her, word would get out fast. Kasey comes across her Echo suit. She didn't know what to do with it. She needed it with her, but where in the heck would she put it? Kasey comes back downstairs with her Echo suit and finds a ball cap sitting on a dresser. She picks it up and looks at it before glancing at Doris, "Can I wear this?"

"Of course." Doris answers and waves her hand, "I have no need of it."

Kasey smiles and puts it on, "Thank you. And, also," Kasey lifts up her Echo suit, "do you have a backpack I can put my clothes in?"

"Yes." Doris walks down the hall and disappears for a moment. A second later, she comes back with a regular black backpack. Kasey grabs it and sticks her costume in it, along with both of her sheathed swords. She smiles at Doris, "Thank you, for everything."

Doris smiles at her, "It was a pleasure to have you."

Kasey smiles and walks outside to where Greg sits in his truck. Kasey gets in the passengers seat and Greg begins to drive, "Where to?"

"The docks." Kasey answers.

•  •  •

When they arrive at the docks, it is late in the afternoon. Kasey turns to Greg, "Thank you."

Greg smiles back, "Take care."

Kasey opens the door and gets out and Greg drives off. Readjusting her cap on her head, Kasey begins to step towards a boat salesman, "I need a boat."

•  •  •

i hate commercials