Shadow Substitute (Shadow Lugia TF, Latex)

by Federio, Jun 3, 2017, 11:42:42 AM

Literature / Fan Fiction / Fantasy

It was looking to be a pretty unlucky day for Lan. Ever since his third gym badge, he had been on a week-long dry spell when it came to catching pokemon. Sure, part of it could be blamed on him not being particularly motivated to catch more after assembling his team, but he couldn't deny that his luck had been pretty crap. He came into the forest with a set of great balls, and two hours later he was on his last one with no captures.

He sighed, taking his cap off to wipe his sweaty brow. At least it was a nice day out, he thought. A bit hot, but not terribly unpleasant for summer in the Johto region. He took his pack and fetched a bottle of water from it, taking a drink from it and giving the rest to his Raticate, Benny. Benny had been his starter when he set out and the rodent had proven to be a great friend. As the Raticate held the water bottle in his little paws, drinking greedily, Lan couldn't help but smile. After finishing the bottle, Benny handed it to Lan, who stashed it in his pack. As a trainer, he was always careful not to litter where a pokemon could choke on his discarded bottles or whatever.

He and the Raticate walked bacl towards the forest entrance, content to call it a day when Lan noticed something that he was sure wasn't there before. Sitting right out in the middle of the path was a Substitute doll made out of a black, shiny material. It looked exactly like one, right down to the squishy spines on the back, the thick tail, the stumpy limbs and cute face printed on it, except it was made entirely of a shiny, smooth stuff that looked like rubber.

Benny scampered up to it, with Lan running after him. "Benny, come on, you don't know where it's been!" The rat pokemon sniffed at the thing, then recoiled as if startled, baring its teeth at the unmoving doll.

"Benny, what is it?" Lan walked up to the doll, whatever it was that spooked the Raticate, but he wasn't seeing it... and that made the human trainer more than a little nervous himself. He could smell the strong oily latex scent of the doll. It wasn't an unpleasant smell, reminding Lan of the bike shop, but it was stronger than he'd expect from a doll sitting out for who knows how long.

The trainer leaned in closer, his blue eyes looking over the placid smile of the substitute doll as he reached towards it with his hand. Surely one touch wouldn't hurt, would it? And as his fingers were just about to come into contact with the smooth, shiny black rubber, the doll's mouth opened and snapped its dripping jaws shut over his hand with a loud creak and splat of the rubber material.

Lan flinched, and his Raticate leapt back, both of them crying out in shock. The human pulled back, trying to free his hand from the goopy mouth of the Substitute doll. The thing's muzzle stretched forward with every pull, the rubber squeaking and the simplistic features of its face deforming as it stretched out... then snapped back firmly into place in between pulls.

"L-Let go of me!" The trainer yelled, still trying to tear his hand free of the rubber. "Whatever you are, l-let go right now!" He pressed his other hand against the latex doll's cheek, pushing forward to give himself some leverage as he pulled with his trapped hand. Again, the rubber stretched out in long ropey strands with a loud squeaaak, The rubber ensnaring his hand felt like chewed gum, sticking to his skin in such a way that no amount of shaking his hand or flexing his fingers would free it. Then, Lan heard a squelch and his other hand sank into the creature's shiny black body. He could only scream as he realized he was now wrists deep in the strange Substitute while his Raticate was cowering somewhere. He pulled back, watching his hands twitch and flex beneath the shiny black latex as he struggled in vain to free himself.

"Turn me loose!" Lan yelled, red-faced. "I'll kill you if you don't!" Even the trainer himself knew this threat was hollow, and considering the silence of the doll-thing, even a bit silly. But empty threats were the only thing he had at that moment. He grit his teeth, his brain running on a cocktail of adrenaline and anger, and he braced his foot against the rubber doll's soft, chubby belly, followed by his other foot as he pulled back on the rubber coating his hands with every last iota of strength his body could muster. He watched through clenched eyes as the rubber stretched thinner, thinner, so close to breaking... Only for his feet to sink into the doll's body with a sound like something falling into mud.