[Request] Bewitching Berry

by KeepersTFZoo, Feb 17, 2017, 11:58:57 AM

Literature / Prose / Fiction / Fantasy / Short Stories

A TF Tale by SilicaRose

[Woman to Pikachu]
[Pokemon TF]

Walking through the Poni Wilds, trying to find berries, Lune and her Pokemon were getting rather tired. It had been a long day, battling Ace Trainers, a couple Dancers, and even a Cook, all in the time frame of a few hours. Heading along the north side, she'd already found a number of berry piles, though each were guarded by a Crabrawler hidden inside. While it shouldn't normally have been too much of a problem to encounter them, at this point, especially with the heat wave that had been sweeping through the islands as of late, the dark-haired Trainer was not only growing weary, but as the sun began to set, her stomach rumbled. Had she really been out here all day, not having anything to eat since that morning, at the Pokemon Center's cafe?

"Ah, what I wouldn't give right now for a Rage Candy Bar or a Casteliacone," she sighed, wondering how long it would take to return to town, until suddenly, something caught her eye. "Oh, more berries? Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to go take a look."

Meandering over to the pile, a sugary aroma began to fill Lune's nostrils, her stomach rumbling all the more as she picked up a red-spotted yellow berry from the top of the pile. Bracing herself for the Crabrawler that was sure to attack, wait... was there... no Crabrawler here? Okay then! That was a surprise. But oh, that smell from the berry she'd just acquired was really getting to her. What type was it, anyways? It wasn't one that she was familiar with. Curious as to what effects it might have, she bit into the fruit, juice dripping down her chin as the sweet flesh that practically melted in her mouth began to assuage her hunger.

Huh, this is actually pretty good, the Trainer thought to herself as she looked down at the berry in question to examine it more closely. But as she did so, she was greeted with an odd sight. Rapidly, her fingers were contorting uncontrollably as they began to retract back into her hand, becoming pointy nubs as they yellowed, the color spreading quickly up her arm, over her neck and face, and also down her legs, which were shrinking in size, her shoes popping off as her feet themselves started to morph, toes retracting and becoming stubby as they transformed into elongated paws, a gentle tugging sensation then pulling on the tips of her ears.

"What??! What's going pikaaaa-n?!" Lune panicked as she noticed how her voice distorted at the end of her exclamation, and she dropped the questionable berry almost immediately as a sharp pain shot up her spine, which had lengthened and warped itself into a jagged shape, bulky muscle flattening it out as it thickened, a couple of curves at the end giving this new appendage a heart-like tip, designating her as being female.

An unexpected jolt seemed to tingle through her veins, as electricity began to crackle from her reddened cheeks, her blue eyes darkening to a pitch black, and the Trainer started to freak out all the more, "This can't bee-ka-ppening!" And yet, as her lengthened ears darkened at the tips, her torso thickened, dwindling in length as her clothes fell from her body, contents of her bag scattering across the ground, the Pikachu scurried off, hat still upon her head, a new life awaiting her.