Chapter 15: Thousand Miles

"Raelynn I will be back in less then a week I promise you." Gray said as he stopped his suitcase from movie at the front door.

"I'm just going to miss you a lot and you know how lonely I get. You also know it's the first time we're not going to be around each other since our split." She worried putting her hand in his.

"I know it's going to be hard but you have to just hold on okay? You know who I bet would love to see you? Your aunt. She actually called earlier saying she misses you."

"I miss her too but-"

"Then go see her okay? I know it's going to be hard and I know you're worried but trust me when I say this, you have nothing to worry about baby girl."

She nodded and looked in Gray's dark eyes. "I love you baby girl. You can also look at wedding dresses if you want. This gives you some time to."

She nodded. "I love you too, Gray."

He smiled and gave her a quick kiss before going to reach for the door. She stopped him putting her hands on his face kissing him which took him off guard. "I have to go." He said.

"I know."

"I will call you as soon as we land."

Raelynn nodded and he walked out leaving her by herself. Raelynn walked over to the couch and put Netflix on but decided to call her aunt. "Hey Aunt Clara."

"Oh hey Rae."

"Mind if I come over?"

"Not at all."

Rae hung up and went upstairs to change out of her pajamas. She put on Gray's hooded flannel with some leggings. She wrapped her hair up in a bun and put her glasses on before walking out to the key case. She saw the keys to Gray's jeep, E's car, Cam's car, and her car. She grabbed the keys to Gray's jeep and slipped her feet into the vans he bought her.

She drove to the house she lived in before moving in with Grayson. She walked along the stones to the porch and saw the mint green door. She opened it to see her aunt in the kitchen. "Clara!" She exclaimed.

"Hey Raelynn. I'm just making some cookies for when your uncle gets home. Wanna help?"

"Sure."

She walked over to the kitchen. The last time she saw Clara was four months ago when her and Gray had dinner over there. She rarely ever goes to visit because her and Gray are usually so busy. "So it's been awhile. How is everything?" She asked.

"Good aunt Clara. You know about mine and Gray's split but were back together now."

"Oh that's right you two are engaged."

"How'd you know?"

"Well for starters it was on the talk show and he is a gentlemen, he came and asked your uncle."

She smiled as she rolled up the sleeves of Gray's clothing and her aunt gasped at the ring. "That is beautiful." She said taking Rae's hand.

"Isn't it? He won't tell me how much he paid because he doesn't want to me to worry about it."

"Do you guys have a date yet?"

"We're seventeen we won't be getting married for a little while."

"Yeah but you can still set a date. I mean are you going to at least look at dresses?"

"Gray told me too. I feel like he is ready to get married tomorrow but I need the time. I mean, I love him to death but I just think we're not ready ya know?"