Chapter 18: The Kill

"Holy crap she's not wearing my clothes!" Grayson teased when Raelynn walked down the stairs in a blue sun dress with an army green jacket and some combat boots. Her hair was pinned back a bit but dragon fly pins that Gray had bought her a while back.

She walked into the kitchen where was eating some strawberries. He put his hand on her face and gave her a sweet tasting kiss which caused her to giggle. "You taste fruity." She said opening the fridge and taking out a box of left over Chinese food.

"Thanks babe." He said putting the strawberries back before taking the Chinese food and putting it in the microwave for her. "So how is everything going to work today?"

"So my aunt invited her over for dinner saying I was going to be there. She doesn't know you're going to be there but I don't think she'll really care. We're going to have dinner and I am going to say we're engaged and then ask her."

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" He asked handing her the now warm food as she sat on the counter.

"Yes I am. I know she messed up in the past along with my father too but she is my mother, Grayson."

"I know baby. You know I support you anything you want to do."

Raelynn nodded and took a bite of her food shortly after kissing Grayson. "Should we go over now?" Grayson asked.

"Let me finish my food first."

"Can I help you finish it?"

"Grab a fork."

*****

She knocked on the door squeezing Grayson's hand. Clara opened the door to reveal her and Frank. "Hey guys, you're the first to arrive. Come in and chill out. Dinner is almost ready." Clara said letting them in.

"Clara do you want Gray or I to help in the kitchen?"

"I forgot Gray could cook. Gray do you wanna help me in the kitchen while Frank and Raelynn set the table?"

"Of course, Clara."

He pecked her lips before walking away from Raelynn while Raelynn went with her uncle to the other end of the kitchen to grab plates. "Are you prepared for you mother today?" He asked putting glasses on the table while she laid down five plates.

"As prepared as I can be. I haven't seen her in person since I was in junior high. Last time we spoke was a few months ago. I don't know what to expect if I'm being honest."

"Well we're here for you through everything."

She nodded and started to get even more nervous due to the fact she wasn't actually ready to see her mother. She was just going to be as nice as she could and play as nice as possible until her mother's true colors showed.

After they finished setting the table, the front door opened. Grayson set the final dish on the table as Clara and Frank went to the door. Grayson walked over to where Raelynn was standing at the end of the table.

He wrapped a strong arm around her waist feeling her tense up when she saw the figure. Raelynn's mother always had money but never really wanted anyone to know besides her sister Clara. "Hello Veronica." Clara said greeting her younger sister.

"Hello darling. Frank."

Veronica stood four inches taller making her almost six foot, she stood the exact same height as Grayson who towers over Raelynn's 5'4 figure. Veronica's long dark curly hair was so perfect, almost as perfect as her red pursed lips. The dress she was sporting was a silk red pencil dress that ended just above her tones legs.