Chapter 40: Birthday Boy

"Grayson, where do you want to spend Christmas?" Raelynn asked walking into their shared bedroom as her hands were tangled in her hair trying to pull it into a ponytail.

"Well since we were here in Cali for Thanksgiving, why don't we go to New Jersey?" He asked picking his head up from looking down at his laptop.

"That's far but then next year it's the other way around."

"I'm a totally okay with that."

"So when do you want to go to New Jersey and how long for? I mean your birthday is tomorrow? I know you want to be with your family and so does Ethan."

"How about we leave tonight, arrive early in the morning and stay through New Years that way, I can take you to NYC to see the ball drop." Grayson said smirking.

"Wait seriously?"

Raelynn had never seen the ball drop and has always wanted to. "Of course, beautiful. I want this to be extremely special for you. For me also because I get the pleasure of seeing you so happy."

Raelynn smiled at her romantic fiance. "This is going to be the best mini vacation ever." She said walking over to him as he closed his laptop.

"It is going to be amazing."

Raelynn laid on him even though he was sat up. He wrapped his strong arms tightly around Raelynn as she snuggled closer to him if that was even possible. They spent a full fifteen minutes just staying like that before they began packing for the few weeks they would be in Jersey for.

After they packed and Grayson booked tickets for them and Ethan because Maddy was already in NYC, they set off on their journey. "Grayson?"

"Yes Raelynn?"

"What do you want for Christmas? I already have your birthday present."

"I don't want anything really. I just want you and my family's company, baby." He said getting out of the Uber.

"Grayson come on. Tell me what you want for Christmas. I need to know!" Raelynn tried to pry from her boyfriend's stubborn mindset.

"Raelynn, do not get me anything understand me?"

She nodded but knew she was getting him something anyway. They walked into the airport and boarded their plane without any issues. Raelynn was secretly texting Lisa about what to get Grayson. Grayson was texting Clara asking what to get Raelynn that will beat out anything she was ever given.

They flew in silence as all three of them slept the entire flight. Sean was waiting for them at the pick-up. Surprisingly, Raelynn was awake after this flight. "You're awake." Sean said causing the four of them to laugh.

"Funny Sean. I'm going back to your house to sleep now though." Raelynn said taking Grayson's hand in her own as they exited the airport.

They arrived at the Dolan household. Ethan, Grayson, and Raelynn went upstairs to the boys shared room. Maddy was already sleeping Ethan's bed and Ethan found it necessary to jump on her which ended with him getting punched in the gut.

Raelynn dropped her stuff at the end of Grayson's bed next to his stuff before crawling under the covers and going to sleep. "Raelynn it's my birthday are you really going to sleep?" Grayson asked pulling her into his side.

"I love you Gray and I know its your birthday, but its four in the morning. I'm going to bed." She spoke before turning over and pushing her face against his chest before going to sleep.

*****

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAYSON AND ETHAN!" Lisa, Sean, Maddy, Cameron, and Raelynn shouted as they stood in the boys room holding birthday pancakes for both of the boys.