Chapter 43: Mine

Today was the day. Grayson and Raelynn, were going to finally wed. Grayson stood staring at himself in the mirror next to his brother who was tying his tie. Grayson was beyond nervous. Raelynn was beyond excitement. She had been counting down the days for the past year. She stood in the white dress next to her best friends Tyler and Maddy. Maddy wearing a pastel blue bridesmaid dress and Tyler in a pastel blue suit.

The time ticked by slower and slower as every piled into their seats outside in the field. Clara sat in the isle seat next to Lisa who was in the other isle seat. They were having a conversation about what their words to each other would be like. Their vows. Raelynn spent the night rehearsing it and memorizing it. Tyler helped her recite every line and he knows all of them just like she does.

Grayson had his written on a piece of paper that he had given to Ethan to hand to him when told to because he wrote his the night before.

It became time and Grayson walked down the isle passing all the people him and his future wife have invited. Once he stood next to the officiate, he stared out to the crowd of family and friends. The musical started to play as the bridesmaids and groomsmen were walking out. Jess and Gabriel who even walked with Milo, Liza and David, Nate walked with Cameron, Troye walked with Tyler, and Ethan walked with Maddy as they were both the most important people to Grayson and Raelynn besides each other.

Stella walked down the isle in a blue dress with a poofy bottom as she threw petals down on the white carpet that was laid down for Raelynn so she wouldn't ruin the white dress. She held onto Frank's arm as she walked along the white carpet from the house all the way to the crowd of people staring at her. She only stared at Grayson though, as he was the only person she cared about right now.

She smiled at him wearing the charcoal suit and blue tie. He smiled seeing her in the white dress he had been waiting almost a year to see. He was in complete awe seeing her so beautiful. Frank could tell they were focused on each other so he had to be careful with Raelynn's walking.

Once they reached the alter, Frank kissed his niece's cheek and shook Grayson's hand. She approached Grayson and they took each other's hands. They looked into each other's eyes intently. He removed the material from her face and smiled with much excitement. "You look absolutely gorgeous." He whispered to her.

"You look absolutely handsome and your palms are sweaty." Raelynn said causing him to wipe them on his pants and everyone to laugh.

"We are gathered her today to witness true true love. The true love of Raelynn and Grayson. Though they might be young their love is ever lasting."

He spoke for a really long time and they were finally allowed to say their vows. "Raelynn you may go first."

Raelynn looked up at Grayson intently and he stared at her adoringly. "Grayson Bailey Dolan, you are a one of a kind. When we first met we were thirteen in seventh grade and we were just kids. Just kids with stupid little crushes on one another. Those stupid little crushes though developed into a true love we luckily both experience for each other. You light my darkest days and you always put a smile on my face even when I can't stand to look at yours. Which is rarely ever I mean look at you. Though looks are a plus with you, your personality is everything I've ever wanted in somebody. Grayson you're the kindest, funniest-sorry Ethan-, sweetest, happiest, honest, and most amazing person ever. You were my first for everything and you're going to be my last. My love for you is endless just like our story. You've brought me so much joy and life Grayson. Almost everything and everyone I have now is because of you. Gray Bae, you will forever be my favorite person and you will forever be my person. I am so very happy and lucky to able to say I've got the greatest guy on earth and I'm very pleased to say I'm going to be having Dolan as my last name."

Grayson was almost crying. Ethan tapped his should but he brushed him off. "Raelynn that was beautiful. Still not as beautiful as you though. I did write something but after hearing that I do not want to embarrass myself. I probably will anyway though because I always seem to do that yet you still put up with me. You embrace my flaws and that's what I love most about you, Rae. You embrace the perfection and the flaws in people and even in yourself because you want everyone to feel special no matter what. You want people to embrace your flaws as they are what separate us from everyone else. Though you may say you have flaws, I've been with you for almost six years, and I still haven't seen one damn thing wrong with you. Raelynn, you've brought out the best in me and my family. You've made us better and you've brightened not only mine but there's and that's what I love about you. No matter how badly I mess up you still stick by me and I'm so thankful for that you don't even understand Raelynn. I am so in love with you and everything you do. I look back at last summer and wonder how you even decided on getting back together with me after what I did but you did and you still to this day make me the happiest man alive. You Raelynn, are not only the love of my life, future wife, partner, lover, but you're my forever baby girl."

Raelynn sniffled just as Grayson did and then he wiped away the joyful tearful from her soft cheeks. They both repeated words spoken by the officiate while keeping eye contact with each other until he paused for a moment after they had repeated his words. "Grayson Bailey Dolan do you take Raelynn Elizabeth Smith to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"Raelynn Elizabeth Smith do you take Grayson Bailey Dolan to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"With the power invested within me I know pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Grayson grabbed Raelynn's hips and smashed his lips against hers just as she did to him. They were now officially wedded and they are now Mr. and Mrs. Dolan.

They walked down the isle together and took pictures on the hill with everyone who had shown for the very special day. Everyone soon gathered under the tent with multiple tables and even a laid out wooden dance floor. Raelynn and Grayson took the floor to dance to some of their favorite songs with their favorite people.

There was their first dance together as a couple and they danced to their song which was acoustically done by The Weeknd himself. Die For You right at their wedding. Then there was a father daughter dance but it was considered uncle-niece dance because of her whole dad situation entirely. Her and Frank danced to Daughters by John Mayer. It just had the vibe Rae and Frank were looking for.

Grayson and his mother danced to their song and Grayson even slow danced with Ethan to Replay by Iyaz. The goofballs.

Once everyone was seated once again to enjoy their meals, Ethan stood up and clinked a spoon against his glass to get everyone's attention. He pulled a mic closer to his mouth as the bride and groom looked over at him. "So in case you guys didn't know I'm Grayson's brother but if you didn't know that then you're kind of dumb because we have the same face." The crowd laughed and Ethan looked over at the couple. "I never thought Grayson would get married before me honestly. Mainly because he's a bonehead and tends to screw things up easily. For some reason though, Raelynn stayed with him even if he screwed up many, many times before. That's true love. Knowing when someone messes up and knowing how awful they feel about it. Then they simply forgive them. Even if he is saying sorry over and over again. I just want to say that Raelynn and Grayson are the true definition of true love. Thank you Grayson for bringing my best friend into my life and don't hurt her anymore."

Everyone clinked their glasses and then resumed eating. Grayson held Raelynn's hand under the table as they watched people dance around and have a great time. "So the honeymoon, plane leaves in just a few hours."

"Are you all packed, Grayson?" Raelynn teased.

"No."

"Good because I packed for you knowing you wouldn't and would just use it as an excuse to leave early."