4 | Dare

[Edited]

      With his heart pounding frantically away in his chest, Jimin hesitantly steps towards the girl he's been dared to bother. The girl, the so-called best friend of Mina, has her whole face covered by a huge black book. Jimin's nagging curiosity gets the best of him, and tilts his head to the side in order to read the golden font printed across the spine. He straightens up with a smile and takes the last couple steps towards the table, silently sliding into the seat across from the girl. Apparently she's a Lord of the Rings fangirl. 

      At least she has good taste.

       He takes a moment to examine her again at a closer distance, and he marvels at the professional sheen of her gorgeous silver-white hair. Jimin also realizes that the girl is very, very small. She can't be any taller than 5'1",  her pale hands that hold the book in front of her face are even smaller than Jimin's own tiny hands, and her frame is thin and petite in every way, almost as if Jin could snap her like a toothpick with his bare hands. Not that the gentle eomma of BTS would do that, but still. 

      She's tiny. 

       Jimin watches as she turns the large pages of the older book with precision, fixated on the careful moment of her steady hand. The young dancer remembers reading the book himself years ago, and watching the movies not long after. It wasn't his favorite series, but they were incredibly detailed and well written, and it would've been impossible for Jimin to not enjoy them. At the least they'll have something in common to talk about... if the dare goes well.

       And that's a big if, especially when Jimin recalls the exact details of the deal... 

       If she isn't bothered by the first two things I've been dared to do, then she'll definitely be annoyed by one of the others. I have to poke her until she looks up, and then ask her about her book!? I already know what book she's reading! I've read it myself. How am I supposed to pretend that I don't know it? I can imagine how that conversation would go:

       "Hey, whatcha reading?"

       "Lord of the Rings."

       "Yeah."

       "Yeah?"

       "Yeah. I already knew what you were reading."

       "What? Then why'd you'd ask?" 

        "Uh.... I can't really say."

        "Creep." 

        *girl leaves*

      Yeah, I'm definitely not doing that. If I'm not careful enough I might come across as a perv, and then she might slap me or something. The hyungs would never let me forget it if I got slapped by a girl! But on the bright side, I suppose there isn't much I can lose. Worse case scenario is the girl never comes back to this cafe and I get permanently banned from rainbow sprinkles. Nothing to stress myself so much about.

      Jimin takes a deep breath to settle his nerves, his heart beating wildly inside his chest. 

      I guess it's now or never.

      Jimin, with an anxious feeling deep in his gut, begins humming softly. Unforeseen nervousness makes his hands a little sweaty, and he feels painfully out of place in the quiet cafe because of his humming. Mina, however, isn't taking any of his 'nervous' nonsense, so she glares at him and motions for him to be louder. With extreme self-consciousness, Jimin hums 'War of Hormone' louder than before.