24 | Cute Enough

Hi.

      I have risen from the dead.

      ...

      I'M SUPER SUPER DUPER SORRY!!! THIS IS EXTREMELY LATE AND I KNOW THAT I SAID THURSDAYS BUT DURING SUMMER LET'S JUST PRETEND THAT I DIDN'T. (Don't worry, I'll resume my usual update schedule when the next school year begins. As for now, I'll update whenever a chapter is done. Which could be five times a week to once every three weeks.) I STILL LOVE YOU GUYS AND I'M DEFINITELY NOT DROPPING THIS BOOK ANY TIME SOON. I'm just naturally a lazy person. And I've been helping take care of my 88 year old grandmother, so that's taken a little away from my writing time, but I'm still writing.

      Anyway, that's enough out of me. I'll shut up and let you guys read what you've been waiting patiently for.

      Jimin peels his eyes open, feeling wide awake the moment he hears the soft, tender mumbles into a pair of ears that aren't his own. The giddy, sappy feeling of melting ice cream and gooey brownies expands in his chest, pushing a gentle smile onto his face as he lays completely still; unwilling to disrupt the beautiful moment.

      But somewhere, deep inside Jimin's sensitive self, he wishes the he was the one that got to whisper the sweet things in her ears.

      "Hey, sleeping beauty." Yoongi's voice is even deeper than usual due to waking up not long before, and his Satoori is also more prominent as he whispers the words to the slowly awakening girl, "Did you sleep well? Were you warm enough?"

      "Mm-hmm." The soft, muted-from-sleep voice mumbles; B obviously not fully awake yet, "You're always warm and cuddly, oppa."

      Well, she's not wrong. He does gives the best cuddles out of anyone I know. Well, when he's in the mood for it.

      Jimin turns over onto his side to sleepily watch Yoongi as the older boy helps the unbelievably still exhausted-looking girl into a sitting position. Jimin's heart nearly stops when he sees her face, and an automatic blush creeps over his cheeks at the sight of it. Most people look less than appealing right after they wake up, but for some reason the puffy eyes and soft cheeks only make B look more adorable.

      Her tiny hands rub circles at her eyes, and she blinks sleepily when Yoongi pulls her hands away after a couple seconds with a soft chide. Then she yawns, her dark eyes momentarily squeezing shut, and Jimin can't help but compare her to a very sleepy kitten.

      "What time is it?" B mumbles, blinking in protest as Yoongi brushes a stray eyelash away from her cheek.

      "Six past five o'clock," Yoongi answers diligently after quickly glancing at the clock above the bed, "It's a Friday, so Jin should be done with dinner in a little under an hour. Are you hungry?"

      "A little." The silver haired cutie pouts for a split second before letting her top-half fall forwards; effectively face planting into her older brother's  chest. Her next words are almost indecipherable from her self-imposed position, "What if they don't like me?"

      If they don't like you, I'm denouncing them as friends.

      "Who?" Yoongi's pale hands pry B's face from his chest to look her straight in the eye. His eyes flash with fiery confidence that Jimin wishes he had, "The boys? Of course they'll like you! You're sweet, savage, have a good sense of humor and you're as cute as a cupcake! They'd be crazy not to like you!"

      "You're my oppa; of course you'd say that." B pouts, her sad expression and twinkling eyes zapping Jimin's heart to life. Yoongi falters, searching for another way to assure her fears, before glancing towards Jimin. Their gazes meet for a second, and Jimin nods slowly in acknowledgement.