30 | Awkward

Well... I didn't mean for it to become comedy. I really didn't.

      He creeps around the corner, his eyes blown wide as he searches for any threats lingering in the next room. Every muscle in his body is tense, ready to spring into action at a moment's notice. Thankfully, the next room appears to be safe.

      The TV is on, playing some sort of action/romance based K drama, but the sound is turned down low. The only occupants of the room are Yoongi, who seems to be only half awake, and Byeol. The latter is curled up on the soft cushions of the couch. One of Jimin's soft blankets is draped over her tiny form; her head carefully placed in Yoongi's lap as his fingers sluggishly dance through her long silky hair.

      He decides that Yoongi probably won't give him away, seeing as the other boy is too caught up in snuggling with his younger sibling, so he crouches in preparation of his advancement to the next room. Faster than the speed of light (or so he thinks) the boy dashes into the living room and leaps behind the couch. Yoongi's head jolts up in surprise, startled by the sudden movement, but the large hands that wrap around the alarmed rapper's mouth prevent him from giving the ninja-in-training away.

      "Shhh--- hyung! Don't give me away!" The boy whispers into his hyung's ear as his eyes flicker back and forth between the two opposing hallways and the looming entrance of the kitchen. Any one of those places could be harboring his enemy- the great and fearful Samurai. "You must be quiet, or he could come out and kill us at any moment!"

      The boy sinks even further behind the couch, leaving only his eyes and hands visible. A strange thump echoes down the hall, and the boy yanks his hands away in order to hide his entire body from the enemy's all-seeing eyes.

      "Tae, don't you think you're a bit old for this?" Yoongi drones softly, his left hand resuming it's path through the tresses of his princess's hair.

      "Too old for what?" Taehyung whispers into the stillness, the strange feeling of being watched prickling across his back. He whips around to stare at the entry way, but nobody's there. "The terrible Samurai master spares none, young or old!"

      "Sure he does." The second eldest sighs in despair. Not that Yoongi would understand. He's immune to the Samurai's sword of death, unlike the rest of the unfortunate population of Korea. Yoongi wouldn't understand the fear of dying while that horrible face laughed at you as you screamed. 

      "I must defeat him before all of Korea falls to his deadly power!" Every word that leaves Taehyung's mouth is like that of a true hero. His fists clench in determination as he recites the words written on his true and selfless heart, "I must free the people from his terrible reign! I must banish him to the depths of the sea! And most of all, I must rescue the beautiful princess from his terrible clutches before it's too late!"

      This time, I will succeed! The whole world is depending on me.