21 | For You

I'm SOOOO excited for this next stage of the book... I hope you are too, even though you have no idea what's in store! :)

      You poor clueless, innocent souls.

      "Wait a sec... so let me get this straight." Yoongi stares straight into his sister's amused eyes, his eyebrows quirked in concentration, "You met Jiminie because he was stupid, and he took a dare from your best friend Mina, who thought it was a good idea to try to get you to make guy friends?"

      "In very simplified terms, yes." B laughs, her pale face flushing with happiness in a way Jimin can't help but admire. He shoves aside his admiration for her adorable face, in favor of facing his hyung so that he might be able to somewhat predict whether or not he should flee from sudden death.

      Hopefully Suga hyung doesn't react as badly as Jin hyung did. Jimin shudders, remembering Jin's last minute trip to the cafe and the embarrassing conversation that followed. Jin takes his job as the oldest and most 'gentlemanly' way too seriously. He almost murdered me, just for wanting sprinkles. Can't a guy get his sprinkles in peace?

      "In that case..." Yoongi trails off and stands up, brushing his hands off on his black jeans. Jimin cowers in his chair beside him, expecting the older boy to strangle or at least throttle him, but Yoongi does neither. Instead he walks straight back to the counter, and pulls an instantly flustered and confused Mina into a fierce hug, "Thank you so much, Mina-ssi. I owe you a great debt."

      "I- you-" Mina splutters for the first time since Jimin's met her, but it doesn't surprise him in the slightest. Who in their right mind, when hugged by the notoriously emotionless Min Suga, wouldn't splutter and die on the inside? Mina hesitantly hugs the gruff man back, "Y-you don't have to thank me. I didn't really do much."

      "For me, it was everything." Yoongi honestly replies, pulling away from the awkward hug to deeply bow at the confounded blue-haired barista, "감사합니다 (kamsahabnida: thank you very much)." 

      Jimin smirks as Mina hurriedly fans her face and pulls Yoongi up from the his bow with her free hand, pushing him back towards the table with a barely audible 'you're welcome'. Yoongi merely shrugs off her odd behavior and makes his way back to the table, sitting down in his chair with a thump. Jimin wipes the smirk off his face and swallows his nerves, quickly asking his question.

      "You aren't mad at me?" Jimin fiddles with his fingers, struggling to keep eye contact with his hyung, "Jin tried to murder me when he found out how I met her."

      "Jin knows her?" Yoongi frowns, but shakes his head, "No, I'm not mad at you. You didn't do anything wrong. You didn't hurt her, or say anything hurtful that I know of, did you? Should I be mad?"

      "I guess not." Jimin sighs in relief. 

      That's one less thing to worry about. Jimin turns to watch B nibble on the remaining half of her sandwich, and sends her a pointed look when she moves to put it down. Rolling her eyes, B takes another large bite. But there's always going to be more to worry about, isn't there?

      Yoongi watches the silent exchange with calculating eyes that linger on B's too-thin form. He feels his own prediction of Jimin taking better care of Byeol than he can coming true right before his eyes, but he doesn't want Jimin to replace him. Not yet. Maybe later Jimin will take care of Byeol all on his own, when Yoongi has his own girl to take care of, but not now. For now he's still Byeol's oppa; the most influential person in her life, and the one that makes sure she's always happy and safe.