36 | In Our Blood Pt. 3

Aish~ enjoy your 4700 words of fluff!

       Recap:

      "Don't be too excited." Yoongi warns as they turn the last corner of the hall, "It's all still a work in progress."

      "It's been years, oppa." B smiles so brightly she might as well take the place of the sun, "If what you write now is just as good as what you wrote back then, I'll love it."

      "Well," The pair stops in front of the door, and Yoongi takes a deep breath, "I certainly hope so."

      Yoongi punches in the six digit code with steady fingers, his other hand still holding his princess's soft one. With another rallying breath he pulls open the heavy door, leading the person closest to his heart inside his favorite place in the world.

      "Welcome to the Genius Lab."

      Yoongi leads B into the small room that smells faintly of pine, watching her closely for a reaction

      Yoongi leads B into the small room that smells faintly of pine, watching her closely for a reaction. Her eyes flicker from his many figurines to his basketball tribute to the large computer screens on the other side of the room. A slow, pleased smile creeps over B's face as she takes it in, because she almost can't believe her brother's studio looks so professional, yet still so Yoongi

      "I love it, oppa." B lets go of Yoongi's hand to run her fingers along the edge of his main desk, "It's perfect. It's just like I've always imagined your studio would be; dark and full of swa- you have two keyboards?!" 

       Of course she'd notice the keyboards.

      Byeol rushes over to the keyboards, examining them closely and pressing gently down on a couple of keys on the larger of the two before turning back to her brother with shock across her face.

      "Is this a Korg Kronos LS 88?" Her mouth gapes open in awe, "You- you own a $4000 keyboard?!"

       "Well- yeah?" Yoongi scratches the back of his neck sheepishly. BigHit had payed for most of his equipment, and now that the group is starting to do really well he's been splurging on even better equipment than he had before.

      "Can-" Byeol gulps, staring down at the piano like it'll break if she presses too hard, "Can I play it?"

      "Of course, princess." Yoongi assures her, quickly standing behind the elated girl in order to switch the machine on, "Whatever's mine is yours, Byeol-ah. You don't even have to ask."

      Yoongi pulls his swivel chair away from in front of his computer and motions for Byeol to sit down in it, smiling when she does so without hesitation. He slowly pushes her closer to the piano, holding the chair still as she places her hands on the white keys, her fingers trembling.